Windows 10: Deleting a link/icon

Discus and support Deleting a link/icon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to remove this from the main settings screen? 125475 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by meebers, Jan 17, 2019.

1. meebers Win User

Deleting a link/icon

Is there a way to remove this from the main settings screen?

:)

meebers, Jan 17, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, Jan 17, 2019
  3. john3650 Win User
    Delete File Link

All I want to do is remove a non working link from the quick access list. It will not unpin, and the options I have tried in the tutorial wont delete it. When clicked it shows the original error, if I drag the file to the list again, both links work, but if I unpin that one I am back to square one. This is only applicable to one link, the others are fine, and it has only happened since the AU.
    I would be happy to clear the whole list and start again, but the one link persists.

john3650, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Deleting a link/icon

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Deleting a link/icon

1. Deleting a link/icon - Similar Threads - Deleting link icon

2. Linked to deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linked to deleted gmail: My microsoft account is linked to a gmail account which google deleted due to inactivity. Now that I updated to windows 11, windows keeps asking me to verify with that email which was deleted. Even after changing it to an outlook email it says i have to 2-step verify with the...
  3. Linked to deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linked to deleted gmail: My microsoft account is linked to a gmail account which google deleted due to inactivity. Now that I updated to windows 11, windows keeps asking me to verify with that email which was deleted. Even after changing it to an outlook email it says i have to 2-step verify with the...
  4. Change Icons for links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Icons for links: All of a sudden, instead of dozens of "pictures" to identify links I created, I have only four. This is it! What can I do to get the selection back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icons-for-links/fa810572-5487-42e7-a428-9f7b5dba72e5
  5. Change Icons for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icons for links: All of a sudden, instead of dozens of "pictures" to identify links I created, I have only four. This is it! What can I do to get the selection back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icons-for-links/fa810572-5487-42e7-a428-9f7b5dba72e5
  6. Change Icons for links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Symbolic link deletion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Symbolic link deletion: Hello,I am having an issue. When I have tried to remove symlink using commands del, mkdir, unlink etc, they not helped to unlink. Either access is denied or file is not ok. I can't create and create a new symlink....
  8. Icon links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon links: When i come across a site of interest i create a shortcut to my desk top. I updateded my computer earlier and now the icons are there but when i click on them they just go straight to google. Can you help me restore them ??...
  9. Change icon of link?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change icon of link?: After all I got a link to filerenamer on my desktop. [ATTACH] Now I want to change the icon of that link to the icon of filerenamer, as ugly as it is in the taskbar: [ATTACH] The task is where to find it. I could easily change it to a standard icon. But where to find...
  10. Delete File Link

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete File Link: I have just had the AU from windows, and when I try to open a file that is pinned to file explorer on the taskbar I get this error. I can click delete, but it doesn't, and I can click 'unpin from list', but it won't. I can create another link to this file in the list but...