Windows 10: Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

Discus and support Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder which is locked via "Lock-A-FoLdeR" program. I would like to create a readme file (doc or txt) that when opened would unlock the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddb, Nov 24, 2018.

1. DDB
    ddb Win User

Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

I have a folder which is locked via "Lock-A-FoLdeR" program.
    I would like to create a readme file (doc or txt) that when opened would unlock the folder and then permanently delete the folder and its contents.
    This is a folder I want to be deleted when my surviving spouse begins pouring through the folder I have created called "In The Event of My Death". Upon going through this folder a readme file would be opened and thus deletion of the said folder would occur.
    Not sure this is the correct forum to use, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 24, 2018
  3. AddSub Win User
    Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

1. Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file - Similar Threads - Deleting locked protected

2. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?: I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-folder-i-made-protected-by/b9851810-0597-422f-8f47-f0673261971b"
  3. Secure 'File / Folder Deletion'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure 'File / Folder Deletion': As I understand it, when you delete a file, that file can still be 'recovered'. I believe that - even if you Empty the Recycle Bin - a smart 'crook' who manages to gain access to your PC can 'still' recover sensitive files you've deleted (for example, files that include...
  4. Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked: I created a test user account, but it's no longer needed, so I wanted to delete it. I deleted it under settings>accounts>family & other people. It said it would delete all data, but it did not delete the user folder. The user is no longer available, but it left the folder...
  5. Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted a user, but the folder remains & it's locked - how to delete?: I created a test user account, but it's no longer needed, so I wanted to delete it. I deleted it under settings>accounts>family & other people. It said it would delete all data, but it did not delete the user folder. The user is no longer available, but it left the folder...
  6. How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller: How do I get trustedinstaller Privledges. 15460
  7. Folder Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Protection: W10 Home, Excel and Word 2010, VLC. Is it possible for me to have one or two folders in (My) Documents which are protected by a password? Thanks for any replies. 106000
  8. Can't delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete files/folders: I have extracted some emulation files into my internal G: drive, and I decided they aren't what I needed and tried to delete them. Most of the files deleted but I have 3 folders and several files that will not delete. I can't delete the files (which have no extension), nor...
  9. Safe to delete these folders and file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders and file?: Doing a little house cleaning today and I ran across two folders and a file that I believe can be safely deleted. The folders are empty and the file is 0 bytes. Can I safely delete them? [img] 76096
  10. Folders and files that will not delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files that will not delete: I recently deleted some mp3 files and folders, then when I emptied the Recycle Bin I inadvertently answered "no" to the "are you sure you want to delete these files" question. Now they are sitting on my recent files / frequent folders page and will not delete again. When you...