Windows 10: Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

Discus and support Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a folder which is locked via "Lock-A-FoLdeR" program. I would like to create a readme file (doc or txt) that when opened would unlock the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddb, Nov 24, 2018.

1. DDB
    ddb Win User

Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

I have a folder which is locked via "Lock-A-FoLdeR" program.
    I would like to create a readme file (doc or txt) that when opened would unlock the folder and then permanently delete the folder and its contents.
    This is a folder I want to be deleted when my surviving spouse begins pouring through the folder I have created called "In The Event of My Death". Upon going through this folder a readme file would be opened and thus deletion of the said folder would occur.
    Not sure this is the correct forum to use, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 24, 2018
  3. AddSub Win User
    Free Folder Lock?

panchoman, dude?

HiddenStupid, this might work. (not sure if it works on NTFS)

Hide Folder HiBit lock 7.2.8

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Hide-Folder-HiBit-lock.shtml

· Protect any folder or file by : Hide, Lock, Encrypt or make a folder as a recycle Bin.
    · The protected folders or files still protected even in other computers.
    · The protect Operation just take 1 second at any computer.
    · You can undelete the folder or file by Locking it.
    · Works with FAT32, FAT16, FAT12 and FAT and all windows versions.

10 runs trial and nag screen until registration. Registration is free

So, freeware after free registration.

Plenty more "lock folder" apps on Softpedia, very few that can hide AND lock.

AddSub, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file

1. Deleting a locked or protected folder via the opening of a readme file - Similar Threads - Deleting locked protected

2. Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted: How would I protect file folders from being deleted in explorer? I would like to give others permission to review the file folder and it's contents, but protect the folder and it's contents from being deleted....
  3. Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted: How would I protect file folders from being deleted in explorer? I would like to give others permission to review the file folder and it's contents, but protect the folder and it's contents from being deleted....
  4. Protecting file folders in explorer from being deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!: I ran into the issue of having a folder locked on me. I couldn't delete it at all. So I looked it up and found a few articles and such.Here is an example of what I ran...
  6. deleting locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting locked files: I recently had downloaded xbox and then onto a hard drive i downloaded flight simmulation and another game. I then deleted and uninstalled xbox from the computer but it did not take off the games files. I then tried to format the drive, delete the partitions, delete files,...
  7. Folders and files protection

Folders and files protection: I need your support to keep my folders and files secured. Is there any options to keep them secured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-and-files-protection/41df4793-1dfe-4c98-9706-ecbe1b346e47
  8. deleting locked files

deleting locked files: I got a new computer and put my old HDD in it and windows did not detect the games. I want to delete them and uninstall them but I can't. if I change the install path of windows apps it won't give me the option to delete them. I moved the folder into a different one, I don't...
  9. How to delete a protected file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete a protected file?: I recently used DISM to extract files from an ISO. This is on a laptop with a single disk so I extracted the stuff to a folder on my C: drive. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. Anyway, I found what I was looking for and now want to delete the folder. First I was...
  10. Files locked in folder

Files locked in folder: Hello, I have this user that all most all of his files in this one folder on his desktop are locked. Can't open word docs, pdf's or powerpoint files. I wend thru a few steps that I found on line and was able to unlock a few by taking ownership of that folder. But not...