Windows 10: Deleting a partition with System files

Discus and support Deleting a partition with System files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Samsung Evo 970 drive with a partition that contains systems files, I suppose from on ald installation. I tried to delete the partition with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hugovedebe, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Deleting a partition with System files

I have a Samsung Evo 970 drive with a partition that contains systems files, I suppose from on ald installation. I tried to delete the partition with commands but I get an error roughly translated from spanish saying that it is no permitted on this type of files... I have done this previously without any problem but with this I have no results.

I followed the instruction from diskpart selecting the drive and the partition and then with the command "delete partition override" I got this error message.

Any comments

:)

hugovedebe, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Deleting a "System Reserved" partition

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• What happens when you try to delete the System Reserved Partition?

• Do you receive any error code/message? If yes, what is the exact error code\message you get?
    I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if you are able to delete the System Reserved Partition.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer the article below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

The system reserved partition contains boot files, you may create a recovery drive before deleting it.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Deleting a partition with System files

Can I safely delete certain partitions?

All the partitions to the right of C:\ can be safely deleted. I noticed you have some substantial unallocated disk space that you should try recovering.

After deleting the suggested partitions, the Volumes you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (CDeleting a partition with System files :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Deleting a partition with System files

1. Deleting a partition with System files - Similar Threads - Deleting partition System

2. A program deleted my system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A program deleted my system partition: So now will not boot... cannot seem to find an OEM type version of Windows 10/11 which it seems I must buy to repair system. I have approximately 8 different partitions and some are immovable and now it 'appears' unrecoverable bugger!......one too many Linux installations...
  3. A program deleted my system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A program deleted my system partition: So now will not boot... cannot seem to find an OEM type version of Windows 10/11 which it seems I must buy to repair system. I have approximately 8 different partitions and some are immovable and now it 'appears' unrecoverable bugger!......one too many Linux installations...
  4. How to completely delete the System Partition and......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to completely delete the System Partition and......: reinstall in such a way that the new owner can access Windows 10. "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir...
  5. Can't delete unwanted System partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete unwanted System partition: Hi everyone, I'm having troubles deleting an unwanted partition D: from my SSD. I've had a Windows 10 installed on it D: previously and for one reason or another it malfunctioned and I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. Which I did on a different partition C:....
  6. Deleted system files

Deleted system files: Dell latitude e6500 windows 10, i deleted a lot of dII, system32 and sysWOW64 files.. some for example are: mscoreei.exe, cmp.exe cmp.key, java and all its files, explorer.exe, framework cant rememberthe file names, administrative settings, msconfig, legacy and UEFI files,...
  7. Delete Old System Reserved Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete Old System Reserved Partition?: Hi, I have just built a new PC and have installed a new installation of Windows on an NVMe drive. I then took out my old hard drives from my previous PC and installed them in my new one, I want to be able to use them all for storage. When I go into Disk Management I see all...
  8. Deleting files in System Reserved Partition EFI in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files in System Reserved Partition EFI in Windows 10: For some reason, android is in my system reserved partition and it is taking up all of the space. How can I get rid of android form my system reserved partition?...
  9. Delete System Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete System Partition: Hello, i was messing around a bit with the Command Prompt to install/uninstall Ubuntu Dual-Boot on my laptop, and ended up creating this System Partition called D drive which i don't know what it holds: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I Cant tell if its the first one in the list...
  10. system files to delete

system files to delete: There are 3 boxes that refer to Win 10 installation and when you try to delete them it says you will not be able to go back to your previous OS. It is substantial space as I believe one box contains something like x amount of GB's. I have imaged Win 10 so I think could...