Windows 10: Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

Discus and support Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ed_admin, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Ed_admin Win User

Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email address.Now that we have a proper MS 365 account for our organization, I want to get rid of this personal account I had created for testing purpose.I logged into this personal account and went through the "close account" process... but at the end I was told I needed first to leave my organization.So now I am concerned that dele

:)

Ed_admin, Dec 1, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 1, 2023
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

Delete Outlook email address and add new admistrator email

Hi,

If you've created a new account, you can assign it as the new administrator account and delete the other one. For us to provide a suitable solution to your concern, we'd like to have some clarifications regarding the issue:

• Are you signing to your laptop using a Microsoft account?
    • Are you able to sign in using the new email address you've created?
    • Did you assign the newly created email address or user account as the new admin account?

In the meantime, if you can login using the new account that you've created, try creating a new admin account or setting it up as the new admin and delete the old one by following the steps in this
    article.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for... - Similar Threads - Deleting personal account

2. Accidentally created a work and personal account with same email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally created a work and personal account with same email address: I have my email hosted on GoDaddy, and apparently Microsoft thinks that this is a business account, even though it is my personal email account. So now I have a Microsoft personal account and what Microsoft thinks is a Business account, both using the same email address. It...
  3. Accidentally created a work and personal account with same email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally created a work and personal account with same email address: I have my email hosted on GoDaddy, and apparently Microsoft thinks that this is a business account, even though it is my personal email account. So now I have a Microsoft personal account and what Microsoft thinks is a Business account, both using the same email address. It...
  4. Accidentally created a work and personal account with same email address

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  6. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  7. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  8. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  9. Using work email address for both personal and work account

Using work email address for both personal and work account: This is a mixed Window 10 account/Office365 account question I had initially created a "personal" Microsoft account with my work email, purely for use with work-related things. I also use this to sign in to my Windows 10 profile on my laptop and save all my preferences etc....
  10. Personal email address used with more than one account

Personal email address used with more than one account: For the last few weeks I've been trying to solve why when I sign in to Microsoft online services with my personal email address I am met with the following message: It looks like this email address is being used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you...