Windows 10: Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions

Discus and support Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I currently have my sons profile on my PC. He now has his own PC, using the same profile. I want to delete his profile from my PC but what happens to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RichardHewitt4, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions

I currently have my sons profile on my PC. He now has his own PC, using the same profile.

I want to delete his profile from my PC but what happens to the programs he downloaded using his profile?

If i delete the profile from my PC, that doesn't effect his profile on his new PC does it?

I ask as some programs he downloaded and used, such as Discord, or games he downloaded from Steam, never showed up in my profile.

Also if i deleted a program in his profile, does that get deleted from the whole pc or just his profile.

:)

RichardHewitt4, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Catbill Win User

How to Fully Delete User Profiles/Accounts

Thank you so much. I deeply appreciate the time you took to write such a useful and thoughtful answer.

I followed your suggestions and was able to delete the correct user account in settings. I had hesitated to delete this because of different names for the same account and associated profile – it wasn’t clear what went with what. That is, the “Test” profile
    is associated with an account called “Cat Cru” under Manage Accounts in the Control Panel and something called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in Netplwiz. I had everything backed up and took a chance that I was deleting the correct account.

Unfortunately neither "Test" nor its aliases appears in System Settings.

So, I still need “permission from the Administrators” to delete it. Under Advanced Folder Properties, the owner is “Administrators (-HP)\Administrators.” Under permission entries, this owner has full control. I am signed in as “,” an administrative
    account.

Question: What is “Administrators (-HP)\Administrators”? Is it the same as a user account or something else?

Question: Another Principal listed under permission entries is “Account unknown” followed by a long string of numbers. Out of curiosity, what is this?

Question: How do I give myself permission to delete the “Test” folder?

Thanks again.

Catbill, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Delete user profile after x days GPO for Win10

Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> System -> User Profiles

• "Delete user profiles older than a specified number of days on system restart"
    This GPO is supposed to delete any user profile older than x amount of days but fails to do so because my antivirus will run a scan on the profile and update the "last modified" property. Apparently there's a KB(983544) that fixes this issue in Windows
    7 but it's not compatible with Windows 10. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Harvard James III, Dec 27, 2020
  4. GMC7700 Win User

Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions

Deleted User but Cannot Remove Profile Folder

None of this works. Silly me for deleting the profile via control panel.

So when I go to the systempropertiesadvanced, the profile is not listed.

When I go to the registry keys, the profile is not listed there either.

But the c::\users\ has the folders that I cannot delete.

GMC7700, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions

1. Deleting a User Profile...a number of questions - Similar Threads - Deleting User Profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  9. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  10. Novice Question - Windows 10 User Profile deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Novice Question - Windows 10 User Profile deleted: Long story short, I got my profile corrupt in Windows 10, which took down bookmarks and shortcuts with it. I have what was saved on the External Hard drive from a month ago. Yeah I should back up more! Now, the question is, is there a place in Windows 10 I can look for...