Windows 10: Deleting a User Profile.

Discus and support Deleting a User Profile. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeyGas, Jul 16, 2021.

1. KeyGas Win User

Deleting a User Profile.

I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?

:)

KeyGas, Jul 16, 2021
  2. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

3. RickC Win User
    script to delete users profile

A few more questions that may be asked...

1. Are these domain user profiles on the PC or local users?
    2. Do you need logging of success/failure/names of deleted profiles, etc. and, if so, seperate logs or a combined one?
    3. What filepath to use for any log(s)?

RickC, Jul 16, 2021
  4. GMC7700 Win User

Deleting a User Profile.

Deleted User but Cannot Remove Profile Folder

None of this works. Silly me for deleting the profile via control panel.

So when I go to the systempropertiesadvanced, the profile is not listed.

When I go to the registry keys, the profile is not listed there either.

But the c::\users\ has the folders that I cannot delete.

GMC7700, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Deleting a User Profile.

1. Deleting a User Profile. - Similar Threads - Deleting User Profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  9. How to Delete a User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete a User Profile: I know nothing about softwares and how they work., let alone this whole OneDrive thing. I have a new notebook and I copied some files from an external hard drive. I didn't realise that it was saving everything to OneDrive. I got a message to say that my OneDrive had run out...
  10. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...