Windows 10: Deleting a work account

Discus and support Deleting a work account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need help, I have a Microsoft work account on my computer, I no longer work at that place, I keep getting the "Work account problem" message on start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pudden64, May 22, 2019.

1. Pudden64 Win User

Deleting a work account

Need help, I have a Microsoft work account on my computer, I no longer work at that place, I keep getting the "Work account problem" message on start up, how do I delete that account when I can no longer access it? TIA.

:)

Pudden64, May 22, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 22, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 22, 2019
  4. Deleting a work account

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Deleting a work account

1. Deleting a work account - Similar Threads - Deleting account

2. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  3. Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 logon screen displays deleted account: Hello, I am experiencing a strange issue with a Windows 11 Enterprise system newly setup and joined to our on-prem domain. There was a local account used for initial login and join, but has since been deleted and the local profile purged. SYSTEMNAME\deletemeFor some reason...
  4. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  5. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  6. How to delete ms account postal address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete ms account postal address: My microsoft account has an old postal sddress that I need to delete. It says This address is being used for your developer account, please contact us to change it, but when I follow the link I cannot find where to do this,...
  7. How to delete ms account postal address

How to delete ms account postal address: My microsoft account has an old postal sddress that I need to delete. It says This address is being used for your developer account, please contact us to change it, but when I follow the link I cannot find where to do this,...
  8. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted: I had an old account very old account which got hacked due to some issues so i deleted all related emails and gmail apart from microsoft account. Now I have made a new one but I want to remove the old one and give the new one administrative power.Any possible way to do both...
  9. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted: I had an old account very old account which got hacked due to some issues so i deleted all related emails and gmail apart from microsoft account. Now I have made a new one but I want to remove the old one and give the new one administrative power.Any possible way to do both...
  10. Deletion of a microsoft account whose gmail has been deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security