Windows 10: Deleting a work account

Discus and support Deleting a work account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Need help, I have a Microsoft work account on my computer, I no longer work at that place, I keep getting the "Work account problem" message on start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pudden64, May 22, 2019.

1. Pudden64 Win User

Deleting a work account

Need help, I have a Microsoft work account on my computer, I no longer work at that place, I keep getting the "Work account problem" message on start up, how do I delete that account when I can no longer access it? TIA.

:)

Pudden64, May 22, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 22, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 22, 2019
  4. Deleting a work account

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Deleting a work account

1. Deleting a work account - Similar Threads - Deleting account

2. How can i delete old account on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can i delete old account on windows 10: [IMG]why do i have that second old account there and how can i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-old-account-on-windows-10/3fd73de2-894c-469d-a10a-1103177327e2
  3. Trying to delete an old account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete an old account: I decided to check out one note to see how it compared to google docs. However when I went to make an account it said the email I was attempting to use was already attached to another account. So I recovered my username and attempted to also get my password back so I could...
  4. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  5. deleting administrator account w/o having password

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting administrator account w/o having password: I need to delete the administrator account on my windows 10 system at work because she is no longer working here & no one knows her password to get into the administrator account & delete it & set up a new one. can anyone tell me how to get this accomplished? 134348
  6. Delete this account

Delete this account: this no longer an active email. Delete this account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-this-account/9fe39ad1-861f-4c51-a1ad-8fdcaad40f79
  7. Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 ver 1809 - Main user/administrator account is deleted wrongly: Dear sir, Greetings! I used to maintain my grandson's (below 5 yrs) laptop with Windows 10. Only one user id was created with administrator privilege. He had an account with Microsoft Outlook. As neither of us used the laptop for sometime, I forgot his password and his...
  8. I was going trying to reset my Windows 10, but i accidentally deleted all accounts on my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was going trying to reset my Windows 10, but i accidentally deleted all accounts on my...: Hello My computer suddenly started to freeze and did not want to work. So i tried to reset it, but then i accidentally deleted all my accounts and i can’t log in. It says that i have to log in with an account. I have tried my email, but it won’t work. Please help Kind...
  9. How do I delete account picture that appears when I enter my pc?

How do I delete account picture that appears when I enter my pc?: How do I delete account picture that appears when I enter my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-account-picture-that-appears-when/b1c591cb-1a5d-4978-aeb7-80a8a8559fd6
  10. Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts: In the past, I was not very familiar with Microsoft Windows 10 reset settings or account deletion features. If something did not work properly with Windows 10 or if I wanted to start fresh, I would wipe my computer clean and create a new Microsoft account after re-installing...