Windows 10: Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10

Discus and support Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a top spec HP Envy DV6 i7 laptop which had Windows 7 on it then upgraded to windows 8 then Windows 10. I have noticed that recently the machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cldcp00, Dec 18, 2015.

1. cldcp00 Win User

Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10

I have a top spec HP Envy DV6 i7 laptop which had Windows 7 on it then upgraded to windows 8 then Windows 10. I have noticed that recently the machine has become really sluggish and Cortana is not working not matter what I try.

I have decided to clean install Windows 10 which I have on a USB stick but before I do that I noticed I have 8 partitions

See below

Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10 [​IMG]

What I want is to have just one partition and clean install Windows 10

So I would be extremely grateful if somebody could list the steps especially how do I boot Windows from USB drive.

How can I delete all the partitions and leave one

Many Thanks

Desmond

:)

cldcp00, Dec 18, 2015

2. HP Printer Doesn't Print MS Office Documents Windows 10

I did a clean install (deleted all C: partitions) of windows 10

Why would you delete the partitions, that has nothing to do with anything for a printer. I am shocked you got a clean install if you deleted the EFI partition, unless you did an install that was BIOS.

seahawks65, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Siva2007 Win User
    Lost Power During Windows 10 Install - Recovery?

you can chose clean install path and then delete/format the partition. Finally create the partition and install in it.

For step by step visit this website
    Clean install of Windows 10

Go through the setup process normally until you see the “Which type of installation do you want?” screen. Select the “Custom” option to ensure you’re performing a clean install and not an upgrade install.

Partition your system drive however you like. If you just have a single Windows partition, you can tell the installer to overwrite it. If you have many partitions, you could delete them all and tell Windows 10 to install itself in the unallocated space.

Siva2007, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Dec 18, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    With the USB inserted, click the power icon in Windows 10 and select restart. Once the computer shutdowns, and right when it restarts, start pressing ESC. You should see a message something like Boot Paused or Startup Pause, you can stop pressing ESC when you see that (lower left corner of screen). Then you will probably press F9 to get into the boot device options.

Once it starts to boot from the USB flash drive, you will have to press a key to boot from USB, select your language and keyboard, on the next window select custom install.

Highlight each partition one at a time and click delete. WARNING: This will delete everything on the hard drive! Then click the unallocated space to install to and click next. Since Windows probably won't pick up a product key in bios, when setup asks you for a product key click "skip", "I don't have a product key", or "do this later". Then select the same version of Windows you had before, Home or Pro. You'll have to skip the product key two or three more times. When it's all done Windows 10 will activate itself when connected to the internet.

Make sure you have written down product keys for you previous Windows 7/8/8.1 - you can run showkey plus from this forum to display the product keys.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Dec 18, 2015
  6. cldcp00 Win User
    Thanks Guys for your prompt replies much appreciated

cldcp00, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting All Partitions and Clean install Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Deleting Partitions Clean

2. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  3. Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install,which partitions to delete: Hi I want to install windows on drive 1. Do I delete all drive 0 partitions and then install on drive 1 or do I delete all drive 0 and drive 1? Many thanks...
  4. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  5. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  6. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  8. Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install

Can't delete all partitions for Win 10 clean install: Hi, When click "custom" during Win 10 clean install via usb drive Window media creation tool download, I still end up with the main c drive that I can't delete, because it's greyed out, as well as the recovery partition that came with my laptop (that I also can not delete...
  9. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions: Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated Space". I do not see the term Unallocated Space. I have 5 partitions 1-5. 1(ESP/System) says don't delete as it's an EFI...
  10. Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10: Hi, Sorry if this is a duplicate thread. I looked around but couldn't find a thread with the same problem or a solution. Anyways, I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Acer Switch 10 2-in-1 because my Windows 8.1 fails to boot and it doesn't let me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it okay to delete all partitions when installing windows

2. clean install windows 10 delete partitions

3. delete partitions new win 10 install

4. surface pro 3 deleting all partitions,
  5. windows 10 deleting all partitions,
  6. win 10 clean install partitions,
  7. partitions in clean windows 10 install,
  8. delete partitions clean install windows 10,
  9. deleting other partitions clean install windows 10,
  10. deleting all partitions and clean windows 10 hp envy