Windows 10: Deleting an account on a previous device

Discus and support Deleting an account on a previous device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My microsoft account is signed in on my current laptop and an old laptop, which a family member is now using. I have set up an account for my family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C. Marshall, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Deleting an account on a previous device

My microsoft account is signed in on my current laptop and an old laptop, which a family member is now using.

I have set up an account for my family member on my old laptop and i want to delete my account off my old laptop. If i remove the account, will this sync with my new laptop and affect any of the data i have on there?

:)

C. Marshall, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Deleting an account on a previous device

Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Deleting an account on a previous device

1. Deleting an account on a previous device - Similar Threads - Deleting account previous

2. Activating windows after deleting previous device.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows after deleting previous device.: I recently built a new PC and wanted to keep using it with the Windows I had linked with my account on my last build.Before linking the new build with my Microsoft account I removed my old PC from my devices list on Microsoft account page thinking I have 1 Windows key per...
  3. Activating windows after deleting previous device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating windows after deleting previous device.: I recently built a new PC and wanted to keep using it with the Windows I had linked with my account on my last build.Before linking the new build with my Microsoft account I removed my old PC from my devices list on Microsoft account page thinking I have 1 Windows key per...
  4. Activating windows after deleting previous device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Previous device recognition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Previous device recognition: Due to update services not working , I had to do an in place upgrade using the windows media creation tool. The previous desktop version (one before the upgrade) still appears in the "Send to" option as available devices. How do I remove it from the pc permanently? I can't...
  6. Delete a microsoft account on a device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete a microsoft account on a device: I want to sign out this account the red thing There used to be nothing at that red place but now I can't figure how to sign out or delete that account from my computer. Help me please [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. No "delete" button to delete account from a device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No "delete" button to delete account from a device: Hello, I want to remove one of my microsoft accounts from a device, but when I go to Settings -> Accounts and select the account I want to remove there is only one button - "Manage" pol. Zarządzaj. How can I remove this account from my device? [ATTACH]...
  8. remove previous owners account from device

remove previous owners account from device: hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present....
  9. Delete device from Microsoft account

Delete device from Microsoft account: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-device-from-microsoft-account/c228992b-a9fc-4503-8a7b-27fa762c01f0"
  10. Microsoft Account device deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account device deletion: When I log in to my Microsoft account it shows in the Device section that I have three devices, but I only have two, a desktop and laptop. The desktop is shown under two names. How can I remove the surplus one?...