Windows 10: Deleting an app from windows store

Discus and support Deleting an app from windows store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i know how to delete an app from windows store, but this is not normal. I have forza horizon 4 installed on my E: drive, today the store came with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr0rion, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Mr0rion Win User

Deleting an app from windows store

So i know how to delete an app from windows store, but this is not normal. I have forza horizon 4 installed on my E: drive, today the store came with a message saying forza was broken. it told me to reinstall it to fix it but i could not choose the E: drive so i installed it on another drive. now the gamefiles are still stuck on E: drive and i can't delete them. when i try to delete the folder it says i need SYSTEM rights, using admin doesn't help. please help me, i hope i dont have to format the disk...

:)

Mr0rion, Mar 22, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Deleting an app from windows store

Can't install apps from the Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to the location,
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb

• Delete everything in this folder.
    Note: This shall delete all the Windows Store files and update. You may have to reinstall the updates.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Why can’t I find or install an app from Windows store.

I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Apps & Store

Microsoft Store

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Deleting an app from windows store

1. Deleting an app from windows store - Similar Threads - Deleting app store

2. Delete apps from Store library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete apps from Store library: how du i delete apps from my Store library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-apps-from-store-library/ab917fd1-5a5a-4c87-a3df-2d0d314484b6
  3. Delete apps from Store library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete apps from Store library: how du i delete apps from my Store library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-apps-from-store-library/ab917fd1-5a5a-4c87-a3df-2d0d314484b6
  4. Delete all data from a Microsoft Store downloaded app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Delete all data from a Microsoft Store downloaded app.: Hi,I've downloaded the Facebook messenger app from Microsoft store and suddenly I'm logged on automatically and some data seems to be saved such as when i right-click on the program on the taskbar i get a list of friends see attachment even though I'm logged out.Is there a...
  5. App store, doesn't understand that an app is deleted

App store, doesn't understand that an app is deleted: Hello, So I had Microsoft flight simulator installed via the Windows App Store. I was playing it fine etc etc but I then had to move it to a new drive. Simple enough. Well, It failed somehow and now I have a plethora of issues with it.. The game was installed using the App...
  6. app from windows store

app from windows store: I installed text editor kate using the windows 10 store. Kate does not show in the options to set default app for text files, I can't go to the location to manually set it because windows is blocking me from accessing windows store app folder Windowsapp. How can I access the...
  7. App from store

App from store: I'm unable to install " samsung gallery" app from microsoft store, every time i get this message "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.", even though i've signed in...
  8. Apps from windows store

Apps from windows store: I am missing a lot of my apps from my library please how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/apps-from-windows-store/608b87f5-2595-4149-b702-480b98aa537e
  9. Deleting old apps from Microsoft Store libary

Deleting old apps from Microsoft Store libary: Hello there! Is there any possibility to delete my old and unused apps form MS store? Is there any Chance to ask MS support to delete it from my account? Thx....
  10. Delete a completed collection from a game in app store

Delete a completed collection from a game in app store: I'm not really sure where to get some answers on this so hopefully someone here will have an answer or know where I should ask my question. I enjoy doing the Microsoft jigsaw puzzles on my computer but would like to get rid of all the collections I've completed. I don't see...