Windows 10: deleting an disc image file

Discus and support deleting an disc image file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet . it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ankit0206, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ankit0206 Win User

deleting an disc image file

by mistake i downloaded a disc image file from internet .

it is present in the c drive as disc image file and also showing in the dvd drive as an .iso application but i m unable to delete it.

looked like a malware but malware apps not saying it as malware .

how can i get rid of this file?

:)

ankit0206, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Files waiting to be written to disc

Hi,

The Files waiting to be written to disc error occurs when the files that you're trying to burn are accidentally placed on the driver that is used by the disc burner, or when attempting to burn a disc fails. To resolve this, we suggest
    that you delete the temporary files to be burned as these files could be conflicting the process of burning the files that you want.

Here are the steps:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R simultaneously.
    • Type shell:cd burning, and then press Enter
      to open the Temporary Burn Folder.
    • Delete all the files in the Temporary Burn Folder folder.
    • Restart the PC.
    • Attempt to finish burning the CD.

Note: In the event that some files in Temporary Burn folder won't delete, restart the PC, and then try the procedure again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Patricia Yu, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. deleting an disc image file - Similar Threads - deleting disc image

2. deleting a disc file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a disc file: Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I tried deleting the disc image file but it said it was open in the system. I checked my task manager and there was nothing that...
  3. deleting a disc file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting a disc file: Hey i have this problem where i downloaded a app that had a disc image file. I mounted one and I didn't like the program so I tried to delete it, I tried deleting the disc image file but it said it was open in the system. I checked my task manager and there was nothing that...
  4. What are disc image files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are disc image files?: I have little space, and in my downloads folder there is "Microsoft Office 2010 powerpoint x86 32bit" which occupies 300mb and I want to know if I can delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-disc-image-files/2bb11d89-5117-4afc-8235-a827699ceb86
  5. Deleting raw image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting raw image files: Whenever I try to delete raw image files from the recycle bin they don't want to delete. If I restart the computer then they will delete. Regular JPG images are no problem I just hit "empty the recycle bin" and they are gone. Does anybody have an answer or a workaround??...
  6. disc image file is corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disc image file is corrupted: I need a fix for error message: "Couldn't mount file. Disc image file is corrupted". I did multiple scans DISM, sfc, etc..} It says my corrupted files must be manually corrected. What should I do?...
  7. recover files deleted by disc cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover files deleted by disc cleanup: I didn't notice the new function in Windows10 that includes downloads in the list of files that are OK to delete. Disc cleanup deleted all my downloaded files. How can I get them back?...
  8. How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents

How to delete a windows disc image file in onedrive/documents: Onedrive says not enough free space, but I cannot delete a 4.1GB windows disc image file in onedrive/documents. Never had this issue before. An online MS technician put it there yesterday. He unsuccessfully tried to talk me through a rescue for my Toshiba laptop which froze...
  9. Deleting system image file

Deleting system image file: Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I have no idea how to get around this any suggestions please. Windows 10 user#...
  10. facing problem while mounting disc image file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    facing problem while mounting disc image file: I have a disc image file of Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus. When I try to mount it I get this error. Please help me..! [img] 57940