Windows 10: Deleting an internet shortcut file

Discus and support Deleting an internet shortcut file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried deleting an internet shortcut from my documents folder multiple times, but it keeps coming back. There is no error message, and to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaliBjornson, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Deleting an internet shortcut file

I have tried deleting an internet shortcut from my documents folder multiple times, but it keeps coming back. There is no error message, and to delete i tried selecting it and using the delete button in the header, and right-clicking to select delete from the drop down menu. How can I resolve this?

:)

KaliBjornson, Nov 24, 2020

2. "Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused Deleting an internet shortcut file :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Deleting an internet shortcut file

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Deleting an internet shortcut file

1. Deleting an internet shortcut file - Similar Threads - Deleting internet shortcut

2. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  3. How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11: I tried to delete it but there's an error message that comes up with error code 0x80004002. Somebody answered this already but the answer doesnt work for windows 11, please help...
  4. How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete "internet shortcut" file type with internet explorer icon in windows 11: I tried to delete it but there's an error message that comes up with error code 0x80004002. Somebody answered this already but the answer doesnt work for windows 11, please help...
  5. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

Can't delete Internet Shortcut file: Basically i dragged an image from google into desktop but instead of the image this file was created and now i can't delete it or do anything with it, it's just stuck here in the desktop. i tried a force delete from cmd but apparently such file does not exist, How do i get...
  6. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Internet Shortcut file: Basically i dragged an image from google into desktop but instead of the image this file was created and now i can't delete it or do anything with it, it's just stuck here in the desktop. i tried a force delete from cmd but apparently such file does not exist, How do i get...
  7. Can't delete Internet Shortcut file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Trouble deleting internet shortcut in Windows 11 documents file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble deleting internet shortcut in Windows 11 documents file: I have a laptop using Windows 11 Home edition. I'm trying to delete an internet shortcut from my documents file, but whatever I do, it keeps coming back. I have no idea how it got there. In fact the date modified is before I even bought the laptop. The shortcut is named 'My...
  9. Trouble deleting internet shortcut in Windows 11 documents file

Trouble deleting internet shortcut in Windows 11 documents file: I have a laptop using Windows 11 Home edition. I'm trying to delete an internet shortcut from my documents file, but whatever I do, it keeps coming back. I have no idea how it got there. In fact the date modified is before I even bought the laptop. The shortcut is named 'My...
  10. Internet shortcut icon won't delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet shortcut icon won't delete: I have two internet shortcut icons that somehow got corrupted and I can't delete them from my desktop. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-shortcut-icon-wont-delete/88f6ee11-7b21-4545-8c6c-c757a3701fe9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear internet shortcut on Windows