Windows 10: Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive

Discus and support Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a previously installed Windows folder taking up many GBs of space on my D drive. I'm running my current OS from the C drive. So I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muze75, May 6, 2019.

1. Muze75 Win User

Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive

There is a previously installed Windows folder taking up many GBs of space on my D drive.

I'm running my current OS from the C drive.

So I went through the steps to change the ownership of the folder from Trusted Installer to my account name. Then I added my account name with full control over the folder, subfolders, and files.

Unfortunately I get a message on every subfolder that says “Failed to enumerate object in the container” or something like that.

And when I try to delete the D: Windows folder it says I need permission from my account that I'm logged in with.

How can I remove this useless folder taking up tons of space?

:)

Muze75, May 6, 2019

2. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, May 6, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 6, 2019
  4. RoboX Win User

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive - Similar Threads - Deleting older folder

2. Moving Public Folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Public Folder to another drive: I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space. The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files...
  3. Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder: Can't delete hard drive folders & files from onedrive folder My onedrive folder is synced on my hard drive. I can delete folders & files from the web but the files are neither automatically deleted--synchronized--with my hard drive nor can I manually delete them from the...
  4. Deleting older Windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting older Windows.old: on my 32bit Win 10 pc I ran these instructions:- https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10 Unfortunately I managed to just update to 32bit; used "Upgrade this PC now" instead of "Create installation media (USB etc" When I found my mistake...
  5. Share a folder/drive with a named user from another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a folder/drive with a named user from another computer: Ideally I'd like to share a drive, but even giving access to "Everyone" results in an error message "You do not have permission..." I can successfully share a folder on that drive, if again I give access to "Everyone" which seem like madness... As the title says, I want...
  6. Will Symlinks help me with connecting to folders in the older drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will Symlinks help me with connecting to folders in the older drive?: Hello folks, Just installed 250GB SSD as my OS drive. The old 1TB drive will replace the DVD drive in the laptop. Ideally, I do not want anything on the OS/System drive other than the OS. I want to point all data to the older drive. This includes all user folders like...
  7. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...
  8. Deleting Folder from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Folder from Windows 10: Good Morning, and Happy Easter There is a folder on the desktop of my wife's windows 10 PC that I cannot delete, If I left click on the folder, entitled Mirror Image, message says folder empty, but if I right click on the folder then left click on properties it shows...
  9. WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps folder ownership, in another drive: Hello, did someone found a way to take complete ownership (includig copy and paste files) of a "windowsApps" folder WHICH IS NOT in drive C? Thanks. 103008
  10. Deleting a folder on the system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a folder on the system drive: Hi, A file named customrefresh.wim remains on my C: drive. 9 Gb big. I believe it is a leftover from windows 8.1. I suspect the folder was created by windows 8.1 in connection with creating a USB recovery drive for the 8.1 system. I should have erased it then, but forgot....