Windows 10: Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive

Discus and support Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a previously installed Windows folder taking up many GBs of space on my D drive. I'm running my current OS from the C drive. So I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muze75, May 6, 2019.

1. Muze75 Win User

Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive

There is a previously installed Windows folder taking up many GBs of space on my D drive.

I'm running my current OS from the C drive.

So I went through the steps to change the ownership of the folder from Trusted Installer to my account name. Then I added my account name with full control over the folder, subfolders, and files.

Unfortunately I get a message on every subfolder that says “Failed to enumerate object in the container” or something like that.

And when I try to delete the D: Windows folder it says I need permission from my account that I'm logged in with.

How can I remove this useless folder taking up tons of space?

:)

Muze75, May 6, 2019

2. Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, May 6, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 6, 2019
  4. RoboX Win User

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting an older Windows folder from another drive - Similar Threads - Deleting older folder

2. Deleting the windows from current booting drive while having in another drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting the windows from current booting drive while having in another drive: I was getting a issue that my laptop was not able to find the hard drive. After many restarts it started but it installed a window backup in hdd which is currently booting. I am having window installed in my sdd also & I want that it should be booted. If I uninstall or delete...
  3. Deleting the windows from current booting drive while having in another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting the windows from current booting drive while having in another drive: I was getting a issue that my laptop was not able to find the hard drive. After many restarts it started but it installed a window backup in hdd which is currently booting. I am having window installed in my sdd also & I want that it should be booted. If I uninstall or delete...
  4. Deleting the windows from current booting drive while having in another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting a folder from my drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder from my drive.: So I'm tryna install a game on my drive but when I try to install it on my F drive its says I need to change a setting but when I go to change the setting it says it has to delete the apps from another windows device so I select ok and then it says it fails so I try and...
  6. Deleting a folder from my drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a folder from my drive.: So I'm tryna install a game on my drive but when I try to install it on my F drive its says I need to change a setting but when I go to change the setting it says it has to delete the apps from another windows device so I select ok and then it says it fails so I try and...
  7. Deleting a folder from my drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Moving Documents folder from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Documents folder from one drive to another: Hi,My Documents folder in located on D Drive right now but I would like to move it back onto C drive hard drive. What's the safest way to do it without losing files?...
  9. Windows deleting apps on another drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows deleting apps on another drive.: Hi, I try to change the new drive where new apps and games from microsoft store should be installed but when I try to do this it says it will be deleting the apps on my other drive. What apps are being deleted and why? <Moved from sv-se by moderator>...
  10. Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive: So I have a laptop and a PC and an external hard drive, I want to use my external drive on both, I already used it on my PC and many of my PC programs are on there and I would like to move all of the PC folders and files into one big "My PC stuff" folder and I'll have all of...