Windows 10: Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being...

Discus and support Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was just surfing all the files in my computer, when I found a folder named "wargaming.net" in my ProgramData hidden folder in C drive. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Captain Chicky, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being...

I was just surfing all the files in my computer, when I found a folder named "wargaming.net" in my ProgramData hidden folder in C drive. I had downloaded World of Tanks some time agoa year or so?, but uninstalled it, so I reasoned that I did not need the folder. I went inside it and it was just around a few xml files and others, and folders containing of the like, so promptly deleted it. However, once I got out of the ProgramData folder, I noticed something odd. There was a new folder named "Microsoft" in C drive.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/5U8kz.png

https://i.stack.imgur.com/WJxQw.png

I openned the folder and it contained quite a lot of files, including command scripts???

https://i.stack.imgur.com/DarAm.png

I'm wondering if this file is supposed to be here, and if I can safely delete the entirety of it.

:)

Captain Chicky, Oct 5, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Damocles Win User
    Accidentally Deleted Some Folders

Yesterday I was cleaning my PC and I accidentally deleted two folders (named "NVIDIA" and "NVIDIA Corporation") in C:\ProgramData. To my knowledge this two folders only contain non important stuff like logs, etc. Later on I have found out my Program Settings in NV Control panel were set to default. This is no big deal, but now I'm worrying I fu***d something up. Otherwise, everything works as it should --> no overheating, BSODs, games are working normally...

I just want to know what I deleted. Were those two folders important???

Damocles, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Jenesis Win User

Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being...

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

I'm trying to delete an unneeded folder from the Start Menu. I right-click and then "Explore", navigate to "Programs", select the folder and press delete.

It won't let me delete the folder! (It is an empty folder.) The error that comes up is:

The thing is, the folder IS there. I'm sitting here looking at it. Why is Windows telling me it doesn't exist, and more importantly, how can I finally delete this useless empty folder which is cluttering up my Start Menu?

Jenesis, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being...

1. Deleting an unneeded folder in ProgramData results in a folder called "Microsoft" being... - Similar Threads - Deleting unneeded folder

2. Unable to hide the ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to hide the ProgramData folder: I had to unhide the ProgramData folder while attempting to solve an issue, but it turned out to be something else entirely, so now I'm trying to rehide it. However, after going into the properties menu, clicking on the 'hidden' box and pressing apply, nothing changes. It acts...
  3. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\SystemKeys Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\SystemKeys Folder: Help! The folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\SystemKeys is growing out of control. It is doing this on some of our servers and some desktops. We are a medium to small business and use Active Directory not Azure AD. My guess is it has something to do with Remote Desktop....
  4. Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?

Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?: Hi, Can you please tell me if I can delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder.Its taking up 61 GB of space on my computer.I've attached a screenshot of the files aswell a screenshot from treeSize Free.Please tell me what I can do to free this space ?...
  5. Folder called 'Microsoft Antimalware'.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder called 'Microsoft Antimalware'.: Hey guys, so today I was looking through my folders on my laptop and I found a folder in my Windows folder called Microsoft Antimalware. Is this safe? Could it be a virus or malware? submitted by /u/Princess-Erika [link] [comments]...
  6. Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I delete Folder Programdata and folder Rocovery in window 10: Hi sir I Have the questions I used surface labtop3 with window 10. At this moment the storage nearly empty. The system file in storage shown over 140GB Question is 1 how can I delete or clear the system file to increase the storage capacity 2 in C: I saw the...
  7. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/
  8. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\: I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account...
  9. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...
  10. Can't see ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see ProgramData folder: The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or how to proceed? 34884