Windows 10: Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop

Discus and support Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All,I'm having issues with my MS account on my Laptop:-Bits Service doesn't start automaticallyMS Store returning error code 0x800706D9Hello Face... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by itsecman, Sep 8, 2021.

1. itsecman Win User

Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop

Hi All,I'm having issues with my MS account on my Laptop:-Bits Service doesn't start automaticallyMS Store returning error code 0x800706D9Hello Face Recognition not setting up properlyWindows Update Failing with 0x80073701I only get these issues on my Primary MS Account. If I sign in with one of my Family accounts, everything seems to be OK. I've tried numerous things to fix this including running Windows 10 repair with no luck.Can I delete my Primary account from the Laptop and re-add it as Primary without loosing any Data? I've looked from the family account and there doesn't seem to be a w

:)

itsecman, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Attempts to delete account result in freeze.

I'm trying to remove a user account off a Toshiba laptop but each time I try to delete the account, the User Accounts thingy freezes. Any ideas on how to delete the account?

beyond_amusia, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop

Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

Account help - Microsoft Support

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop

1. Deleting and re-adding MS Primary account on Laptop - Similar Threads - Deleting adding Primary

2. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  3. Primary email account deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Primary email account deleted: I was creating a user account for my wife on my old computer after setting up my new windows 11 computer. I had created her profile using my microsoft id. I then realized she should have her own microsoft id so I made one for her and made her email address primary. When I...
  4. Problem signing in to laptop after adding device to MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem signing in to laptop after adding device to MS account: In order to install Minecraft bedrock, I had to add my laptop as a device to my Microsoft account. After doing so successfully, I restarted my laptop. At the Sign-in page, I click "Sign in", the wheel spins and it looks like something is happening, then the sign in page...
  5. Delete a ms account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete a ms account: I have lost a password to a ms account. When I follow MS advice to delete that account I invariably end up in situation where I am asked to "verify" means use your password. How can I get out of this mess? I have spent months on this MS mess. Would appreciate any advice that...
  6. Changeing primary account without deleting any other account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changeing primary account without deleting any other account: My Mom still needs her account, although she does not use it often. Is there a way to change my account to be the primary account without deleting hers?...
  7. Adding devices to my MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding devices to my MS Account: I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied....
  8. MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary: Hi. I got a new W10 Pro PC. I want an MS Account added, so I can access the App Store etc, but I don't want it to be become my primary login and take over my entire PC. Is this possible? 45530
  9. Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account

Adding new user account deletes several shortcuts from primary account: After creating a second administrater user account with an existing MS account, the new desktop starts with Dock display of short cuts including Edge, Trash etc. Could find no refference to this display. After I sign off from the new account, I signed in to my original...
  10. Question after switching primary MS account

Question after switching primary MS account: So I recently switched my primary MS account from the email I used originally, to the email I currently use for my Xbox account, so I can link up purchases of media content between my console and PC. I followed the steps laid out in another thread here where I switched to a...