Windows 10: Deleting Bing and MSN News

Discus and support Deleting Bing and MSN News in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, help me to delete Bing as a browser and MSN News... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jason Howard2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Deleting Bing and MSN News

Hey, help me to delete Bing as a browser and MSN News

:)

Jason Howard2, Jun 8, 2019

2. How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove Bing and MSN news from the PC. We will need some clarity on this issue to guide you accordingly. Hence, kindly respond to the questions below.

• Where exactly do you see MSN News on the PC? Is it on the browser or in the notifications?

Since Bing is a search engine inbuilt in Windows 10, we cannot remove it. However, if you are referring to the Bing home page in browser, we can change the homepage to any other website. Refer the article to

Change your home page in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 8, 2019
  3. ErniePT Win User
    How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

why do you insist on sending me crap in languages other than my own (English)

I was in Cambodia once and you assumed there was a problem with my live account

everything related to this was in Cambodian

I deleted live

now I have deleted skype and I want to delete BING next,,, will doing this cause any problems with my windows 10 operation

also want to delete msn news as I only get it ln languages I can not read

perhaps I should quit travelling,, stay home sit on my couch and drink beer just so I can make you happy by fitting into your mold,,, it actually would solve my problem

but better to just get as far away from you people as possible

my next computer is definitely going to be an Apple,,, however I will check first to see if they will access my profile to default a language or do the same idiotic things you do

I do not you to think or assume for me as all you do is piss me off

Ernie

* Original title: Language

* Moved from msn

ErniePT, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Deleting Bing and MSN News

Why are Cortana News results and MSN News App results so different?

In Cortana, headlines are based on areas of interest. You can view and change those interests in Bing Settings on the desktop, as well. Bing in your PC browser and Cortana interact if you log in to your phone and computer with the same MS ID.

MSN News allows you to select the publications that you want to see. It includes others, but headlines are presented on a more granular level than Cortana. For instance, I notice in your screen shots in a previous reply that you have a specific topic, Windows
    10, in both Cortana (Bing) and MSN News. But MSN News is going to present your preferred publications first whereas Cortana is first going to present the most popular publications for that topic.

IMO, it's an advantage. I have a short (well, not so short) list of publications I prefer to go to for news. Having Cortana cast a wider net, I get information from sources that are not on my short list.

Nerdy Woman, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Bing and MSN News

1. Deleting Bing and MSN News - Similar Threads - Deleting Bing MSN

2. How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete Bing and MSN News?: why do you insist on sending me crap in languages other than my own (English) I was in Cambodia once and you assumed there was a problem with my live account everything related to this was in Cambodian I deleted live now I have deleted skype and I want to delete BING...
  3. MSN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSN: A friend installed Windows 10 Home Full Version (from a purchased Windows 10 CD) on my HP laptop that had Windows Vista operating system (never installed Windows 7 or 8). Now when trying to install my printer software, HP reps are saying that their diagnostics tell them that...
  4. BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH

in Cortana
    BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH: I'm suggesting to exclude this horrible ''extension'', ''software'', whatever it is. I've just wasted hours trying to change the search engine in internet explorer to google instead of the already built-in bing. When a final user have to expend hours trying to remove it, it...
  5. msn news app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msn news app: I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing....
  6. There must be a bug in the MSN News page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There must be a bug in the MSN News page: There must be a bug in the MSN News page. Frequently, when I click on a story, especially if I stay on the page for more than a couple minutes, my computer freezes. I can't even log out to the task manager, but to log out, I have to manually shut down my computer. This just...
  7. MSN News app strange opening behaviour

MSN News app strange opening behaviour: Hi all, has anyone else noticed when starting the MSN News app, it runs through several languages before fully opening in your native language? I have tried uninstalling & re-installing but it still does this on every run.... 113616
  8. MSN News app strange opening behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    MSN News app strange opening behaviour: Hi all, has anyone else noticed when starting the MSN News app, it runs through several languages before fully opening in your native language? I have tried uninstalling & re-installing but it still does this on every run.... 113616
  9. Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app: Today I open MSN Weather app and it opened to a advertisement. The advertisement is for Microsoft News app for phone and the ad wants me to provide a phone number or email address. The fine print states that this consent to use my phone number or email is not necessary to use...
  10. New Version of MSN News App Available in the Store

New Version of MSN News App Available in the Store: New Version of MSN News App Available in the Store No Version Number Available Downloaded and Installed ok 54710