Windows 10: Deleting Bing and MSN News

Discus and support Deleting Bing and MSN News in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, help me to delete Bing as a browser and MSN News... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jason Howard2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Deleting Bing and MSN News

Hey, help me to delete Bing as a browser and MSN News

:)

Jason Howard2, Jun 8, 2019

2. How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove Bing and MSN news from the PC. We will need some clarity on this issue to guide you accordingly. Hence, kindly respond to the questions below.

• Where exactly do you see MSN News on the PC? Is it on the browser or in the notifications?

Since Bing is a search engine inbuilt in Windows 10, we cannot remove it. However, if you are referring to the Bing home page in browser, we can change the homepage to any other website. Refer the article to

Change your home page in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 8, 2019
  3. ErniePT Win User
    How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

why do you insist on sending me crap in languages other than my own (English)

I was in Cambodia once and you assumed there was a problem with my live account

everything related to this was in Cambodian

I deleted live

now I have deleted skype and I want to delete BING next,,, will doing this cause any problems with my windows 10 operation

also want to delete msn news as I only get it ln languages I can not read

perhaps I should quit travelling,, stay home sit on my couch and drink beer just so I can make you happy by fitting into your mold,,, it actually would solve my problem

but better to just get as far away from you people as possible

my next computer is definitely going to be an Apple,,, however I will check first to see if they will access my profile to default a language or do the same idiotic things you do

I do not you to think or assume for me as all you do is piss me off

Ernie

* Original title: Language

* Moved from msn

ErniePT, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Deleting Bing and MSN News

Why are Cortana News results and MSN News App results so different?

In Cortana, headlines are based on areas of interest. You can view and change those interests in Bing Settings on the desktop, as well. Bing in your PC browser and Cortana interact if you log in to your phone and computer with the same MS ID.

MSN News allows you to select the publications that you want to see. It includes others, but headlines are presented on a more granular level than Cortana. For instance, I notice in your screen shots in a previous reply that you have a specific topic, Windows
    10, in both Cortana (Bing) and MSN News. But MSN News is going to present your preferred publications first whereas Cortana is first going to present the most popular publications for that topic.

IMO, it's an advantage. I have a short (well, not so short) list of publications I prefer to go to for news. Having Cortana cast a wider net, I get information from sources that are not on my short list.

Nerdy Woman, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Bing and MSN News

1. Deleting Bing and MSN News - Similar Threads - Deleting Bing MSN

2. Problem with comments on MSN news.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  3. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  4. Edge with MSN news

Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  5. MSN news tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN news tab: I have MSN news tab opening over and over and over. Does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-tab/d9161dbf-8dd5-42eb-bb36-f76eda8ecd5c
  6. MSN news app not working

MSN news app not working: The msn news app which I rarely use has a circle that spins. and the window says an error has occurred. Refresh page. and then the same thing happens over again. I'm not intnerested in the news articles that MSN chooses so when I go to topics I have chosen or "my sources"...
  7. Why is BING and MSN not respoonding to search queries or simply clicking on a news story ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is BING and MSN not respoonding to search queries or simply clicking on a news story ?: Hello : I contacted this site last night and waited almost 1/2 hour with no reply received at all ! I use Bing and Microsoft Edge as my alternate search engines instead of Google. I use Windows 10 as my operating system and run my Windows defender upgrades faithfully. About...
  8. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  9. How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete Bing and MSN News?: why do you insist on sending me crap in languages other than my own (English) I was in Cambodia once and you assumed there was a problem with my live account everything related to this was in Cambodian I deleted live now I have deleted skype and I want to delete BING...
  10. msn news app

msn news app: I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing....