Windows 10: deleting cloud based images from desktop

Discus and support deleting cloud based images from desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rfarber, Dec 23, 2018.

1. rfarber Win User

deleting cloud based images from desktop

I have a lot of files I want to delete, and it is easier to do on the desktop than on the web. I have multiple images that are not local, but I have the icons showing. When I delete them, they download before they will delete which takes an inordinate amount of time. Is there a way to delete them from onedrive via the desktop without downloading them first?

:)

rfarber, Dec 23, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Space images thread

deleting cloud based images from desktop [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Dec 23, 2018
  4. AndySteck Win User

Unable to delete cloud playlists

I too am experiencing issues in deleting playlists from the Windows 8 Music App. I used the import feature in said app and would like to keep most of them there for use on that PC. However I would like to delete many of them from the cloud. With the
    Cloud option selected I select a playlist then select the delete option. However nothing happens. The playlist remains in the cloud there, on my WP 8 phone and my xbox. My goal....

• Delete some playlists from the cloud while having them available locally on that PC

AndySteck, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. deleting cloud based images from desktop - Similar Threads - deleting cloud based

2. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  3. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  4. Cant Delete a image shortcut from website on my desktop

Cant Delete a image shortcut from website on my desktop: I tryed to save a image from google by dragging it onto my desktop and it diten seem to work for some wired reason. Now i cant delete it - rename does nothing. its not set to read only. only think i can do it move it around on the desktoprestart does nothing. and it does not...
  5. Cant Delete a image shortcut from website on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Delete a image shortcut from website on my desktop: I tryed to save a image from google by dragging it onto my desktop and it diten seem to work for some wired reason. Now i cant delete it - rename does nothing. its not set to read only. only think i can do it move it around on the desktoprestart does nothing. and it does not...
  6. Cloud based face categorizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud based face categorizing: Hi, I'm trying to activate the categorization for faces in windows photo app.Sadly it always just finds a few images ~200 out of around 5000 and a lot of faces are not rekognized.Is this because the photos have to be stored in OneDrive for the app to scan them correctly?If...
  7. Cloud based face categorizing

Cloud based face categorizing: Hi, I'm trying to activate the categorization for faces in windows photo app.Sadly it always just finds a few images ~200 out of around 5000 and a lot of faces are not rekognized.Is this because the photos have to be stored in OneDrive for the app to scan them correctly?If...
  8. System image and cloud

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image and cloud: Have a two part question. I consider myself medium to a bit above in terms of tech and figuring things out. But, I am fairly new with regards to system "image", backup, etc.... Believe it or not, I thought they were the same. Now I look back and think how much headache I...
  9. cloud-based windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cloud-based windows 10: Is there a cloud-based virtual Windows 10 machine that will run an app I usually run on my pc? Can I upload the app to that machine? Several people need to be able to run the app. It is a single-user app on a stand alone pc....
  10. What is Microsoft Managed Desktop, Cloud-based device management

in Windows 10 News
    What is Microsoft Managed Desktop, Cloud-based device management: [ATTACH] The primary concern every organization faces at some stage is how to keep up with the pace of changes in technology while staying secure and up to date against sophisticated security threats. These and many other challenges pose serious risks [...] This post What is...