Windows 10: Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website

Discus and support Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, We have a situation where we would like to clear passwords / cookies on exit from Edge for a particular web site. Chrome has that function of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nilesh Deshpande_pepco, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website

Hi,

We have a situation where we would like to clear passwords / cookies on exit from Edge for a particular web site. Chrome has that function of 'Clear o Exit', can you pl. let me know similar function from Edge?

:)

Nilesh Deshpande_pepco, Sep 3, 2019

2. block cookies from specific websites windows 10

Hi Maxine,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the browser you are working on?

Internet Explorer provides many different ways to control the cookies that are stored on your computer. You can block or allow cookies or you can choose the specific sites that you'll accept cookies from. When you make these sorts of changes, the cookies
    that are already stored on your computer will not be affected. For that reason, you might want to delete the cookies already stored on your computer before following the steps below:

Block or allow cookies from specific websites

• Open Internet Explorer. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand corner.

• Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies.

• Click Sites.

• In the Address of website box, type a website address, and then click
      Block or Allow.

As you type, a list of webpages that you have already visited will be displayed. You can click an item in the list and it will be displayed in the
      Address of website box.

• Repeat step 5 for each website you want to block or allow. When you are finished, click
      OK.

• Move the slider back to the position it was originally in, and then click
      OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Issues with enabling cookies in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

Before proceeding could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “but the program seems to doubt it” what exactly are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

• What are the steps you have followed to allow cookies?
    I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned In the article to allow Cookies and check if it helps. Refer to the below link:

Delete and manage cookies

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2019
  4. 4huskers Win User

Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website

Website password

I have one website that Edge won't remember the username and password. As I type the username the next characters flash in the box. I went into Credential Manager and the site was listed with the correct username and password. I deleted its listing and brought the page up and logged in. Edge asked if I wanted to save the username and password; I clicked yes and went to another site, then went back and the login info wasn't there. It's back in Credential Manager.

4huskers, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website

1. Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website - Similar Threads - Deleting Cookies password

2. Windows Updates corrupt/delete cookies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates corrupt/delete cookies: Every time an automatic windows update is installed I find that some (possibly all) of my website cookies have been deleted or at least are no longer effective, so I then spend time looking up customer codes etc just to log back into them. It's extremely annoying, but I...
  3. How can I make Edge remember website cookies?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make Edge remember website cookies?: Every time I revisit websites on Edge, it forgets all stored cookie information meaning I have to re-enter passwords and so forth. From what I read, the default Edge option is to store and remember cookies, but this is not happening. Is this an Edge bug or is there a way to...
  4. delete cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete cookies: How do I delete cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-cookies/251e5416-7e30-471b-af19-9f5d198b0c51
  5. Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screensavers being deleted when downloaded from specific website.: I download screensavers from newfreescreensavers.com My McAfee security says the site is safe. They will stay on my screensavers program until I got back into the program. If leave it alone it runs the downloaded screensaver. The screensavers go into my control panel, but...
  6. delete password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete password: how to delete lock screen password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-password/31cfc83e-bbbf-4937-a2bc-31d8d9719447"
  7. Website password

in Browsers and Email
    Website password: I have one website that Edge won't remember the username and password. As I type the username the next characters flash in the box. I went into Credential Manager and the site was listed with the correct username and password. I deleted its listing and brought the page up and...
  8. Selectively Delete Cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Selectively Delete Cookies: I am getting "Access Denied" when I try to get into my Capital One checking account using Internet Explorer 11. Capital One says to use a different browser or delete cookies. Can I delete cookies just for that one website? Thanks, cb 102645
  9. changing a saved password to a website

in Browsers and Email
    changing a saved password to a website: hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change password.. I went to settings then advanced setting where I can change password.. I changed password,, but the original password keeps...
  10. Deleting temporary files and cookies

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting temporary files and cookies: Need a fast way to delete temp files and cookies in Windows 10. I have tried a few things, but still have files not deleted. Used to be able to click settings, view files, select all, and delete. I can click settings and view, but that is it. 55598