Windows 10: Deleting data off task manager

Discus and support Deleting data off task manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I started deleting items off my task manager without knowing what I was deleting. I did it because I thought It would speed my computer up, but now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeddyEicholtz, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Deleting data off task manager

I started deleting items off my task manager without knowing what I was deleting. I did it because I thought It would speed my computer up, but now every time I try to open up files or try to download something, only like 2 letters show up so I can't read anything.

:)

TeddyEicholtz, Sep 2, 2019
  2. mjean1 Win User

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Deleting data off task manager

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Deleting data off task manager

1. Deleting data off task manager - Similar Threads - Deleting data off

2. Task manager deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager deleted: HeyMy task manager doesn't work anymore and it's completely gone from my system and it has caused many problems such as removed icons in every app. Every time I open it, it shows up as a small box and instantly crashes. The name task manager doesn't even exist in regedit...
  3. Task manager deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager deleted: HeyMy task manager doesn't work anymore and it's completely gone from my system and it has caused many problems such as removed icons in every app. Every time I open it, it shows up as a small box and instantly crashes. The name task manager doesn't even exist in regedit...
  4. Forcing Log Off with task manager

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forcing Log Off with task manager: I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the task scheduler to "Log Off" the user even of their machine is locked but can not get it to work. It will only work if its left...
  5. Forcing Log Off with task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing Log Off with task manager: I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the task scheduler to "Log Off" the user even of their machine is locked but can not get it to work. It will only work if its left...
  6. Task Manager - Delete Usage History Link.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Delete Usage History Link.: Good afternoon, Does anyone know WHAT the Link PATH is please for the below Task Manager - Delete Usage History? . . . Thanks. 178615
  7. Power off and task manager don't work

Power off and task manager don't work: Hi everyone, I'm experiencing some trouble with my surface book 2. When i press the Windows button and try to turn off the computer, all the usual buttons turn off,reboot,etc... are not there. Instead there is a sentence saying "Power saving options are not available at the...
  8. Graph on Task Manager is a little bit off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graph on Task Manager is a little bit off...: [ATTACH] So I just turned on Mobile Hotspot for my laptop and decided to open Task Manager and this happened. This did disappear after i closed and reopen it, but this was a pretty neat bug, though....
  9. Task Manager Memory tab not reporting Double Data Rate

Task Manager Memory tab not reporting Double Data Rate: Hi, Task Manager is reporting a memory speed of 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz. This value has always been the Double Data Rate, correct? According to CPUZ & Speccy the memory is running at 1866 MHz. The BIOS also reports 1866 MHz. A number of similar threads indicate that Task...
  10. Change Data Update Speed in Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Data Update Speed in Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Change Data Update Speed in Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Change Data Update Speed in Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in...