Windows 10: Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear...

Discus and support Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know what's causing this problem? If I delete a desktop shortcut it returns after the computer goes to sleep as a blank icon with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sparics, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear...

Does anyone know what's causing this problem? If I delete a desktop shortcut it returns after the computer goes to sleep as a blank icon with the same name. If I try to delete it again file explorer will give me an error saying that it can't be found. The only way to make the shortcut disappear is to restart my computer.

submitted by /u/Sparics
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sparics, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 6, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Feb 6, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear...

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear... gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear...

1. Deleting desktop shortcuts leaves a broken shortcut with a blank icon, doesn't disappear... - Similar Threads - Deleting desktop shortcuts

2. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  3. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  4. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: This is a new computer and I was trying to personalize the desktop when I noticed that all of the shortcut icons that I had placed on my desktop have disappeared. I've tried everything to get them back, including contacting support and doing a restore from 2 days ago. I can't...
  5. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: This is a new computer and I was trying to personalize the desktop when I noticed that all of the shortcut icons that I had placed on my desktop have disappeared. I've tried everything to get them back, including contacting support and doing a restore from 2 days ago. I can't...
  6. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

7. Desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop shortcuts disappeared: The problem is basically mentioned in the title, I just restarted my computer, and while entering my password it wrote that the Userprofile failed, soon after that it restarted again. Then when coming to the home page I noticed that I lost almost all the shortcut and also the...
  8. Desktop shortcuts disappearing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing.: My desktop shortcuts are disappearing. It started last week. They didn't go all at once. They went randomly over the last week. Anyone else seeing this issue? Seems that it started after I had trouble with the latest Win 10 update....
  9. Windows App Desktop Shortcut Icons Blank

Windows App Desktop Shortcut Icons Blank: I created shortcuts for my most used Windows 10 apps/tiles to my desktop, but some of the shortcuts have blank icons. I re-copied some and they stuck, but a few others are still blank after several retries. i.e. Scan and Store are blank but Calendar, Calculator, Photos,...
  10. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....