Windows 10: Deleting Directory

Discus and support Deleting Directory in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am logged in as an Administrator and I cannot delete a directory- I don't have permission. I checked in to properties and it says Administrators have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichJaworski, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Deleting Directory

I am logged in as an Administrator and I cannot delete a directory- I don't have permission. I checked in to properties and it says Administrators have Full Access. It also shows Trusted Installers have Full access - who is that????

How do I uninstall a directory ?

Thanks

:)

RichJaworski, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Deleting Directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • Resolved an issue where resizing caused the "Directory Size Utility" to crash. - Thanks Drone!
    • New button Icons.
    • New high resolution icon for the Directory Size Utility.
    • New Delete folder button.
    • New right click menu item("Delete folder") for folder list.
    • New Export to Excel button.
    • Renamed "Get folder..." to "Add folder..."
    • Clicking "Directory Size Utility" name in the about window will take you to the home web page.
    Download here!

Spoiler: New Screen Shot Main Screen

Deleting Directory Main.jpg

Mindweaver, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Directory

1. Deleting Directory - Similar Threads - Deleting Directory

2. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  3. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty: i can't delete a folder! please help! i tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder-error-0x80070091-the/1c769cec-a3cd-41ef-8bd3-4d2a4a15d2a0
  4. Unable to delete a folder-Error 0x80070091: the directory is not empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Will the C:\$extend\ directory be deleted if I do a windows 11 update re-install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the C:\$extend\ directory be deleted if I do a windows 11 update re-install?: This folder contains 176Gb of data and I would to get rid of it without losing all my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-cextend-directory-be-deleted-if-i-do-a/5f4f972d-f75a-4811-aeeb-e767adcae00b
  6. Will the C:\$extend\ directory be deleted if I do a windows 11 update re-install?

Will the C:\$extend\ directory be deleted if I do a windows 11 update re-install?: This folder contains 176Gb of data and I would to get rid of it without losing all my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-the-cextend-directory-be-deleted-if-i-do-a/5f4f972d-f75a-4811-aeeb-e767adcae00b
  7. When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...: I'm trying to remove an old top-level folder. When I delete the Window default Music file shown in the folder. All the other Music files in other folder and directories stop working. When I click on them, I get a message "Location is not available". C:\User\Steve\Music is...
  8. When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...

When I delete the Music file in one directory, all the other music files in other...: I'm trying to remove an old top-level folder. When I delete the Window default Music file shown in the folder. All the other Music files in other folder and directories stop working. When I click on them, I get a message "Location is not available". C:\User\Steve\Music is...
  9. my pagefile.sys file cannot be deleted, error is "Error 0x80070570: The file or directory...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pagefile.sys file cannot be deleted, error is "Error 0x80070570: The file or directory...: I have been to advanced system settings and turned it off, selected no paging file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pagefilesys-file-cannot-be-deleted-error-is/455bbd3e-0845-46c3-8b05-501d6dc8a73f
  10. my pagefile.sys file cannot be deleted, error is "Error 0x80070570: The file or directory...

my pagefile.sys file cannot be deleted, error is "Error 0x80070570: The file or directory...: I have been to advanced system settings and turned it off, selected no paging file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pagefilesys-file-cannot-be-deleted-error-is/455bbd3e-0845-46c3-8b05-501d6dc8a73f