Windows 10: Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

Discus and support Deleting downloaded Windows update files... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)... One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below: [img] Applying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cr00zng, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)...

One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below:

Deleting downloaded Windows update files... [​IMG]

Applying the update had been delayed for a week.

To my recollection, the content of the download folder can be deleted, but don't recall the exact procedure.

Can someone give me a quick summary of the procedure and/or link to the tutorial on the subject?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jun 14, 2020

2. Vista x64 won't download updates?

The last updates on my home desktop are dated 16th June.
    I've powered it on some 3 or 4 times since then, but nothing was downloaded automatically as per settings.

I tried the manual update from the CP but I get an error code 80070002.

I did the troubleshooting suggested (i.e. stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again) but I still keep getting the same error code, even after rebooting *Confused Deleting downloaded Windows update files... :confused:

What gives?

Black Panther, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 14, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleting downloaded Windows update files... - Similar Threads - Deleting downloaded update

2. Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads: Hello there! It appears that I'm encountering a peculiar issue whenever I try to update Microsoft Notepad from the Microsoft Store. Every time I update the app, the previously downloaded Notepads from my downloads folder simply disappear. This issue also occurs with Windows...
  3. Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Notepad's Updates Are Deleting Files from Downloads: Hello there! It appears that I'm encountering a peculiar issue whenever I try to update Microsoft Notepad from the Microsoft Store. Every time I update the app, the previously downloaded Notepads from my downloads folder simply disappear. This issue also occurs with Windows...
  4. Can’t download, update or delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here [IMG] I have...
  5. Can’t Download, update or delete files

Can’t Download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here[IMG] I have...
  6. Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting downloaded Windows update files...: Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)... One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below: [img] Applying the update had been delayed for a week. To my recollection, the content of the download folder can be deleted, but don't...
  7. Deleting downloaded files automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting downloaded files automatically: Hi, I want to ask a question. Is there any app or build in feature that asks you if you want to delete downloaded file right after you downloaded so you don't have to navigate to "Downloads" folder or any other where your downloaded files are stored? E.g. when you want to...
  8. Files in Downloads deleted

Files in Downloads deleted: I created a folder in Downloads and stored important files in it. Yesterday I restored my Laptop and chose to take all my files. But today when I opened the Downloads is wiped off. Can I take them back....
  9. Files Delete as soon as they Download

Files Delete as soon as they Download: Okay, so I recently got a new laptop. An HP. I'm not sure what kind it is, but there are a few files that when I download them, they automatically get deleted, and they aren't even showing up in the recycling bin. So. what exactly is going on? I've never had this problem with...
  10. DELETE OF DOWNLOAD FILE IN PC

DELETE OF DOWNLOAD FILE IN PC: I wanna know that this is my second time when my download file is automatically deleted from PC, why this happened. Please Submit a reason and solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-of-download-file-in-pc/3b872376-579a-4961-84e7-a6297aad16ca"