Windows 10: Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Laborous, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Laborous Win User

Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried right clicking on the contact but the “delete” option is greyed out. I tried selecting the contact but there is no delete option appearing. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

:)

Laborous, Dec 4, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 4, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Deleting Email Contacts

2. Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts: When I try to send an email to a contacts, an address comes up that is NOT in my contacts. How do I deal with this? This is the correct email that is in the contacts. When I start an email I get three emails for this contact. There are two bad emails including the one that is...
  3. Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts: When I try to send an email to a contacts, an address comes up that is NOT in my contacts. How do I deal with this? This is the correct email that is in the contacts. When I start an email I get three emails for this contact. There are two bad emails including the one that is...
  4. Windows Mail deleted an email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail deleted an email: I click on the notification that I got an email. I see the email and click the link on the email. It opens Edge Browser and I come back like 2 minutes later and the email is gone. I can't find it at all, not in the trash, not in draft, not in outbox, not in anything. Phone...
  5. Import email contacts from Window Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  6. Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email: While trying to share a file I noticed there is a BOT contact in my computer - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This is obviously NOT MINE and has somehow been dropped into my machine. So I want to delete this contact and I have found other garbage contacts...
  7. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions: I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored somewhere, they have to be accessible...some way, some how. When I type a name into the address bar and I get ten suggestions for...
  8. Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail: I'm trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I...
  9. Windows 10 mail deleting emails

Windows 10 mail deleting emails: I am receiving the same emails in the same accounts on 4 devices -- 2 cell phones, a Surface and an HP desktop. Often it appears that deleting emails from one device also deletes them on others. Can this be, and how do I prevent it?...
  10. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleting contacts in windoes 10 email