Windows 10: Deleting EVERYTHING from pc

Discus and support Deleting EVERYTHING from pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 15-ABR I want to donate it to a school so they can give it to a pupil. I need to delete everything but leave the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DILCIA1, Sep 29, 2020.

1. DILCIA1 Win User

Deleting EVERYTHING from pc

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310 15-ABR I want to donate it to a school so they can give it to a pupil. I need to delete everything but leave the Windows 10 on it. I looked a video that said press the novo button which was either near the start button or on the left side. There is no button at all. I understand I have to get it back to factory settings but would that leave Windows 10 on it?

I need very simple instructions please thanks anyone!,

:)

DILCIA1, Sep 29, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 29, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Deleting EVERYTHING from pc - Similar Threads - Deleting EVERYTHING

2. While installing windows, I deleted everything from my drive and now I see that the drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While installing windows, I deleted everything from my drive and now I see that the drive...: I was installing windows and then I deleted my drive by mistake. Then it said my drive was not the GPT partition style so I couldnt install on that drive. Most turorials online suggest using cmd to convert the drive to GPT but cause I have wiped it its not there. Will I have...
  3. While installing windows, I deleted everything from my drive and now I see that the drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While installing windows, I deleted everything from my drive and now I see that the drive...: I was installing windows and then I deleted my drive by mistake. Then it said my drive was not the GPT partition style so I couldnt install on that drive. Most turorials online suggest using cmd to convert the drive to GPT but cause I have wiped it its not there. Will I have...
  4. While installing windows, I deleted everything from my drive and now I see that the drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...: I got a new system and my old C drive became D.In the D drive, I cannot delete the old programs/windows etc folders i get the error mesage:I am the admin!I have done everythign possible including everything that is itierated...
  6. Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...

Cannot delete folder on secondary drive - Have treid everything, Maybe there is a third...: I got a new system and my old C drive became D.In the D drive, I cannot delete the old programs/windows etc folders i get the error mesage:I am the admin!I have done everythign possible including everything that is itierated...
  7. Deleted my user inside of C:\Users\ and everything in my PC basically broke.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my user inside of C:\Users\ and everything in my PC basically broke.: So, I was trying to move my files from one user profile to another one, I had copied all files inside the original user profile and already made the new one and when it was deleted, I put the files in new one but it didn't let me, I closed out of file explorer and my...
  8. Deleted my user inside of C:\Users\ and everything in my PC basically broke.

Deleted my user inside of C:\Users\ and everything in my PC basically broke.: So, I was trying to move my files from one user profile to another one, I had copied all files inside the original user profile and already made the new one and when it was deleted, I put the files in new one but it didn't let me, I closed out of file explorer and my...
  9. Deleted my user inside of C:\Users\ and everything in my PC basically broke.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?

I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder and everything is gone. How do I get it back?: I was trying to make some space on my pc and saw that i had a lot of things on my onedrive, but when i deleted some folders in the onedrive, my desktop folders also with the same name ended up getting deleted. And when i try to login to the onedrive through the web, I can't...