Windows 10: Deleting family profile following bereavement

Discus and support Deleting family profile following bereavement in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I was hoping to find out this advice from MS customer services directly but only get referred back to this forum, so here goes: My husband died... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JuliaNewman2, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Deleting family profile following bereavement

Hi,

I was hoping to find out this advice from MS customer services directly but only get referred back to this forum, so here goes:

My husband died suddenly at the end of last year. I don't know his hotmail log ins. If I try to remove from the MS Family group (consisting of him, me and our child), I get told I cannot delete him as he is linked to the child account. When I try to delete the child account, I get asked to remove consent, which I cannot see as an option. How can I remove my husband's account from the Family group, so I can switch the consent/permission set up for the child account to me? I am not bothered about closing his email account or getting access to his emails.

:)

JuliaNewman2, Feb 24, 2019

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Feb 24, 2019
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Deleting family profile following bereavement

Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Deleting family profile following bereavement

1. Deleting family profile following bereavement - Similar Threads - Deleting family profile

2. Deleting profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting profile picture: Hello, I've been trying to delete my account picture, but it keeps reappearing. I have tried to delete it by logging into my account on here and deleting it. The picture first gets properly deleted, then it comes back. The other thing I have tried is deleting the picture...
  3. new family profile cannot login

new family profile cannot login: My dad has given me his Windows 10 laptop to use, and at startup I have been using his microsoft profile to log in. I want to set up my own profile. I have added myself as a family member, and although now my email address is showing as an option at startup, whenever I try to...
  4. Family members deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members deleted: I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like to know why it was done automatically. Thanks. [Moderator guessing at what 'my family members were removed' means...
  5. Delete Old Profiles? GPO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete Old Profiles? GPO: Hello, We have a Folder Redirect for staff so files are roaming but not for students, so students accounts are stored on the SSD, at the moment every so often I have to manually log into the machine and delete the profiles needed. this is time consuming and also if left too...
  6. Accidentally deleted user profile

Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...
  7. Deleted System Profile Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted System Profile Desktop: I have a 5 year old Lenovo ThinkPad X230. Lately I was running into severe issues where the system lags when doing anything, such as clicking on the Start Menu, closing a window...anything. Opening Task Manager, it showed Disk usage at 100%. After researching online, I...
  8. how to delete scan profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to delete scan profiles: how can I delete scan profiles I no longer use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-delete-scan-profiles/2005531a-f1fe-460b-9d93-0c04ad86ca4b
  9. Family sharing problems using 2 profiles.

Family sharing problems using 2 profiles.: I have gotten a new pc recentlly and I have to share it with my mom. I have created 2 profiles, so she doesn't see what I am doing. However when I installed steam, the program installed on her profile as well. How do I make it so my files stay on MY profile and hers stay on...
  10. Deleting profiles on other partitions

Deleting profiles on other partitions: Hi everyone, I have a question on if this is possible. I am managing a small computer lab at my local community college. We do not use Active Directory. When I made an image for the lab there were 2 accounts that show up on each pc. The system "Administrator" account and an...