Windows 10: Deleting family profile following bereavement

Discus and support Deleting family profile following bereavement in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I was hoping to find out this advice from MS customer services directly but only get referred back to this forum, so here goes: My husband died... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JuliaNewman2, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Deleting family profile following bereavement

Hi,

I was hoping to find out this advice from MS customer services directly but only get referred back to this forum, so here goes:

My husband died suddenly at the end of last year. I don't know his hotmail log ins. If I try to remove from the MS Family group (consisting of him, me and our child), I get told I cannot delete him as he is linked to the child account. When I try to delete the child account, I get asked to remove consent, which I cannot see as an option. How can I remove my husband's account from the Family group, so I can switch the consent/permission set up for the child account to me? I am not bothered about closing his email account or getting access to his emails.

:)

JuliaNewman2, Feb 24, 2019

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Feb 24, 2019
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Deleting family profile following bereavement

Deleting old MS account profile photos

Hello Paul,

Are you referring to the local account profile picture? If you are, there's no automatic method of deleting profile picture. However, you can still remove unwanted profile pictures through
    Windows Explorer. Follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button.
    • Copy and paste the path below and then press Enter.
      • %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • Delete the unwanted profile picture.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Deleting family profile following bereavement

1. Deleting family profile following bereavement - Similar Threads - Deleting family profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Delete family group:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete family group:: I havea family group that appears to have me and an old link for my daughter in it. It won't let me delete myself or my daughter. I just want to delete the entire family group so that I can join my wife's family group where she purchased a family subscription to 365 What...
  5. Delete family group:

Delete family group:: I havea family group that appears to have me and an old link for my daughter in it. It won't let me delete myself or my daughter. I just want to delete the entire family group so that I can join my wife's family group where she purchased a family subscription to 365 What...
  6. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  8. Delete a Microsoft family

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete a Microsoft family: How do I completely delete an unwanted Microsoft family? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-microsoft-family/fceae8c4-011e-461f-8a7c-50c8e61d6cd3
  9. Bereavement-changing name and payment details

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bereavement-changing name and payment details: I have logged in as my husband. He died on 21st February 2021 and payment for the microsoft account will stop. I wish to keep the same information on the computer but change the name to mine and set up payment from my bank account. How do I do this?...
  10. Family members deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members deleted: I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like to know why it was done automatically. Thanks. [Moderator guessing at what 'my family members were removed' means...