Windows 10: Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD

Discus and support Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi my name is Matt. I've just cloned my HHD containing my OS windows 10 to a new SSD All I want on my SSD is the necessary files for windows 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MafaH, Oct 28, 2020.

1. MafaH Win User

Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD

Hi my name is Matt. I've just cloned my HHD containing my OS windows 10 to a new SSD

All I want on my SSD is the necessary files for windows 10 to boot and have all installed application on my HHD

I am wondering, is it safe to delete EVERYTHING from program files and program files x86 from the cloned SSD?

Does windows have any important files in program files and program files x86 or are these folder only used for a user's application?

Many thanks for any responses :

Edit:

An other random question, since I now boot my windows off a SSD, how can I delete all windows files off my old HDD. In other word only have the one bootable drive

:)

MafaH, Oct 28, 2020
  2. lacrumb Win User

HHD to SSD

Get the SSD and a way to connect to the computer and clone it from the HHD.

There are a number of free programs to use to do the clone. I used EaseUS toDoBacklUp.

lacrumb, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

Thank you for your reply, although the thing is that i do not want to completely clone my HHD since my SSD is not big enough for it.

Just if there would be a problem if i completely reinstall my HDD and then migrate whats on the HHD after a complete reinstallation onto the new SSD without problems? Thanks

Putteperser, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD

boot from cloned ssd installed on cd drive

Thank you Denis; your assumptions are correct, I cloned the SSD using AOMEI backupper. I would use your suggestion as my next option. Currently, my objective is to keep the HHD as-is for backup and storage uses. I m essentially looking for a option to
    switch between SSD & HHD just by changing the BIOS boot order or something like that.

Thanks

Mahesh Dasari, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD

1. Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD - Similar Threads - Deleting file cloning

2. After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old hhd to a newly added ssd. Afterwards, when I tried to load a windows11 update, I got a message that said, we couldn't update the system reserve partition. How can I fix this?...
  3. After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After cloning old hhd to a new ssd, why can't I load windows11 updates?: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my old hhd to a newly added ssd. Afterwards, when I tried to load a windows11 update, I got a message that said, we couldn't update the system reserve partition. How can I fix this?...
  4. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  5. Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition after cloning my hhd to a ssd: I have cloned my Windows 10 from hhd drive to an ssd one and now I have two partitions:C: 446.11gb NTFS Healthy system, boot, page file, active, crsah dump, primary partitionNew Volume D: 1.02 GB NTFS Healty Primary partition.I don't know if it's good or not. Also I can't...
  6. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  7. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  8. Replace HHD with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HHD with SSD: I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will...
  9. Unable to clone new ssd

Unable to clone new ssd: Had Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my desktop. Took the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Microsoft. Somehow part of Windows 10 got installed on my F: drive which is a secondary HDD on my computer. I've just installed a new SSD drive and wanted to clone my current C: drive to...
  10. Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error?

Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error?: Hey, I'm trying to upgrade from a 750Gb hard drive to a 500Gb Hybrid drive, and I'm running into a few difficulties. I'm using the free version of Macrium Reflect, every walk through I've read says to select the partition with the windows symbol, however I have two? Is this...