Windows 10: Deleting File Viewer

Discus and support Deleting File Viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; File Viewer is nothing short of ransomeware! I want to delete it from my computer but cannot find it. It must be some sort of hidden file or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EvanTotten, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Deleting File Viewer

File Viewer is nothing short of ransomeware! I want to delete it from my computer but cannot find it. It must be some sort of hidden file or application under a different name. Can anyone out there help me to get rid of this unwanted monster?

:)

EvanTotten, Apr 14, 2019

2. Changing file viewer in File Explorer

If that's the case, kindly try the following steps below:

• Reset to the Microsoft recommended settings.
    • Choose default apps by file type.

Deleting File Viewer 3e6d93f4-17d1-4058-9979-575b52d93963.png

We also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your preferred photo viewer, you may want to try the 64 bit version of the app if you are using a 64 bit version of Windows 10.

Robelene Win, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Deleting File Viewer

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Deleting File Viewer

1. Deleting File Viewer - Similar Threads - Deleting File Viewer

2. Cool File Viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cool File Viewer: Hi, our Office 365 updated recently annual update and all of a sudden, we are unable to open and view email attachments we receive, particularly excel. When we receive an email and try to to open it, we get a Cool File Viewer pop-up asking for a subscription. Also, it appears...
  3. Cool File Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cool File Viewer: Hi, our Office 365 updated recently annual update and all of a sudden, we are unable to open and view email attachments we receive, particularly excel. When we receive an email and try to to open it, we get a Cool File Viewer pop-up asking for a subscription. Also, it appears...
  4. Cool File Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  6. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  7. Event Viewer Log Files

8. File Viewer Plus Scam --

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Viewer Plus Scam --: File Viewer Plus: You offered this on your Microsoft store as a recommended software. As a matter of fact, it was one of if not the first alternative provided. Shame on you.It's basically a virus. If you don't buy it, it will not uninstall -- blocking another workable program...
  9. FILE VIEWER PLUS

FILE VIEWER PLUS: Hi MICROSOFT. I bought the file viewer plus program from online today to open a .rpy file to convert it to a media file to watch on the computer. The ads you had said it would do this. No way ,cant recognize this type of file. So I HAVE WASTED my $45 AUD and would like a...
  10. cool file viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cool file viewer: Windows 10 Cool File Viewer downloaded from Microsoft Store.Does not work correctly. Opens photo images on their side, not upright. It said it was free, but first time I opened it had to pay $2.99 for one year, with automatic renewal. Then it opened photo incorrect...