Windows 10: Deleting files doesn't remove them

Discus and support Deleting files doesn't remove them in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 into a secondary SSD drive G: and MFS creates a symbolic link to the installation location in C: I deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mirowen, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Mirowen Win User

Deleting files doesn't remove them

I installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 into a secondary SSD drive G: and MFS creates a symbolic link to the installation location in C:

I deleted some mods I had in the custom folder. But when I wanted to use the mods again it asked me if I wanted to replace them as if they're already there.

If I choose yes it says access denied and then the mods show up in the community folder with 0 byte size.

If I choose no they just show up with 0 byte size.

And even if I delete the mods folders again the same thing happens if I try to paste them again.

The folders properties shows that their size is 0 as stated above but their size on disk is the actual mods sizes.

Now I tried a quick format of my drive and then reinstalled MFS and to my surprise the issue still persists.

EDIT: I already tried deleting the files using CMD and Shell.

Any idea as to how to fix this?

Cheers.

:)

Mirowen, Jan 22, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Deleting files doesn't remove them [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 22, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Deleting files doesn't remove them [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Deleting files doesn't remove them

How to delete Suggested Sites in Win 10 Edge

When I right click Suggested Sites in the Fav Bar, a "delete" window appears, but, clicking delete does not delete the Suggested Sites from the Favourite Bar.

If I open up Favourites, then the Favourites Bar, and right click the delete window for Suggested Sites-this doesn`t work either.

The Suggested Sites does nothing, (it certainly doesn`t show me a list of suggested sites), and takes up valuable space in my Fav Bar.which is why I want to rid myself of it.

barrierlee, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Deleting files doesn't remove them

1. Deleting files doesn't remove them - Similar Threads - Deleting files doesn't

2. File History - removal of deleted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History - removal of deleted files: In the "Delete older versions of files and folders" dialog which I'm not able to insert, despite saving the image as a file the prompt says that:"All other files and folders, such as versions that were excluded or removed from your libraries, are also deleted."What does this...
  3. File History - removal of deleted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History - removal of deleted files: In the "Delete older versions of files and folders" dialog which I'm not able to insert, despite saving the image as a file the prompt says that:"All other files and folders, such as versions that were excluded or removed from your libraries, are also deleted."What does this...
  4. File History - removal of deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Deleted Files removed automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Files removed automatically: I’m playing fallout 4 on pc, and a recent problem has arisen. I can’t save without a pop up showing up. I’ve tried everything I can think of, from messing with the onedrive settings, to unlinking it to my pc, which just caused more problems that I had to fix. I have a lot of...
  6. Deleted files are removed everywhere

Deleted files are removed everywhere: I keep getting a notification from one drive saying Deleted files are removed everywhere this usually happens when I play a game on my pc. I was not getting this before. Is OneNote deleting important files??...
  7. How to remove files off my desktop without deleting them permently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove files off my desktop without deleting them permently?: I had a tech issue but it ended up with me putting most of my D drive on my desktop but whenever I start to delete them it deletes them PERMENTLY and I have to cancel the delete. Is there anyway to remove them?...
  8. Files not refreshing after deleting them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Files not refreshing after deleting them.: For some reason,File Explorer doens't refresh after I delete a file. How can I fix this? Thank you 169617
  9. Delete only folders and not the files in them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete only folders and not the files in them: Hi, I have a folder on my drive with many folders inside of it. I want to “empty” all of the sub folders into the main folder and delete the sub folders while keeping all files intact. Folder->subfolder->files Into Folder->files Is there a way to do this on a large scale...
  10. Using "removing file properties" does not remove them.

Using "removing file properties" does not remove them.: Hello, Before updating to the 1083 build If I right clicked and removed image file properties, it would create a copy with just the size and pixel amount. Now when I attempt to remove properties, there is a copy created with my desktop info and file directory location still...