Windows 10: Deleting files from desktop.

Discus and support Deleting files from desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, my Windows 10 operating system says I need permission first, in order to delete a folders and its files for Adobe Acrobat Reader.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewR7, Mar 22, 2020.

1. AndrewR7 Win User

Deleting files from desktop.

For some reason, my Windows 10 operating system says I need permission first, in order to delete a folders and its files for Adobe Acrobat Reader.

How do I get permission to do this?

:)

AndrewR7, Mar 22, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Deleting files from desktop.

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

no x64 support, te x64 version never was made avalable.

and yes, it says the file is in use, If I kill explorer.exe(desktop) i can use explorer to move/delete the files no problems, its a pain tho because then manytimes i gotta log out or restart to get all my stupid tray icons back(some apps dont auto recover)

Rebo&Zooty, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Deleting files from desktop.

1. Deleting files from desktop. - Similar Threads - Deleting files desktop

2. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  3. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  4. Is it possible to delete files from a laptop but not the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to delete files from a laptop but not the desktop?: I have recently gotten a new laptop. I set it up with my Microsoft email like one would. However, I soon later realized all of the files from my desktop are also on my new laptop. The thing is, I don't want these files, as most of them are my parents. I would like to keep the...
  5. Is it possible to delete files from a laptop but not the desktop?

Is it possible to delete files from a laptop but not the desktop?: I have recently gotten a new laptop. I set it up with my Microsoft email like one would. However, I soon later realized all of the files from my desktop are also on my new laptop. The thing is, I don't want these files, as most of them are my parents. I would like to keep the...
  6. Can't delete Excel file from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Excel file from desktop: You probably think, "Go check the thousands of other posts and replies about the problem!" but trust me, nothing works!I'll try to keep it short. Got an email from the boss with an xlsx attachment. The attachment didn't 'save as' due to permission issues but 'right click ->...
  7. Can't delete Excel file from desktop

Can't delete Excel file from desktop: You probably think, "Go check the thousands of other posts and replies about the problem!" but trust me, nothing works!I'll try to keep it short. Got an email from the boss with an xlsx attachment. The attachment didn't 'save as' due to permission issues but 'right click ->...
  8. Files deleted from desktop leave remnants.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files deleted from desktop leave remnants.: After the update to Windows 10 2004 - whenever I delete a file from the desktop - it comes back. Not as the original file, but as some token off the file. Sometimes the file comes back as soon and the screen sleeps, sometimes the next day. There appears to be some process...
  9. Can't delete files from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete files from my desktop: I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-files-from-my-desktop/e94377c9-6ed5-4b7b-9aec-c0dab6d14ba7"
  10. Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop: Hey all, I'm looking for advice on how to fix this strange problem: I cannot delete a subgroup of files from my desktop. - If I create a new file (using Notepad) I can easily delete the file - I can move an offending file to another folder but am still unable to delete it -...