Windows 10: Deleting Files in Common Files

Discus and support Deleting Files in Common Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to delete a lot of unused files in order to free up space on my computer. AS far as I can see I'm the administrator for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasmineK., Sep 5, 2019.

1. JasmineK. Win User

Deleting Files in Common Files

Hello,

I've been trying to delete a lot of unused files in order to free up space on my computer. AS far as I can see I'm the administrator for my computer and I only have one login. No one else uses my computer and it's a personal laptop. Unfortunately, I keep seeing that the file needs administrator permission to be deleted. I'm starting to get really frustrated and could really use any good advice.

:)

JasmineK., Sep 5, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Sep 5, 2019
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Sep 5, 2019
  4. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting Files in Common Files - Similar Threads - Deleting Files Common

2. How to password-protect a file in common file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to password-protect a file in common file: Hello, I want to password-protect a file in a shared network folder, and when I put a password on the file, it must prompt me for the password. The common file is located on a Windows server, and it contains numerous files.I simply want to generate a password for one of them....
  3. How to password-protect a file in common file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to password-protect a file in common file: Hello, I want to password-protect a file in a shared network folder, and when I put a password on the file, it must prompt me for the password. The common file is located on a Windows server, and it contains numerous files.I simply want to generate a password for one of them....
  4. How to password-protect a file in common file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10

Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10: Hello! I was cleaning my C drive because I was running low on space. I didn't realise the purpose of Common Files and deleted some files in them permanently from recycle bin as well. So, when I started FIFA 22, It didn't launch. Can somebody please tell me how to reinstall...
  6. Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10: Hello! I was cleaning my C drive because I was running low on space. I didn't realise the purpose of Common Files and deleted some files in them permanently from recycle bin as well. So, when I started FIFA 22, It didn't launch. Can somebody please tell me how to reinstall...
  7. Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Delete orphan files from Program Files x86\Common Files

Delete orphan files from Program Files x86\Common Files: I recently uninstalled a program named "DiskDirector" using the Apps/Features uninstaller. The result was not pretty. I further tried the application's uninstaller. No improvement. I then ran Windows Fixit. No better. Remaining in "Common Files" is the is the DiskDirector...
  9. Weird folder in Common Files?

Weird folder in Common Files?: So I was just giving my laptop a LOVELY spring cleaning when I came upon this folder in common files. I'm... super confused. I don't even know where to begin asking questions. The text documents were just gibberish and I didn't click past the opening screen of the...
  10. Common files folder

Common files folder: I accidentally deleted common files folder? What should i do? My laptop still seems to work fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/common-files-folder/82b68066-c239-4e79-97ce-deeb5e76e72d"