Windows 10: Deleting files progress display makes no sense

Discus and support Deleting files progress display makes no sense in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The delete progress display shows 5 seconds remaining, 0 items remaining, and 17.1 GB of items to delete. The 5 seconds doesn't change and the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LesMosley, Apr 23, 2019.

1. LesMosley Win User

Deleting files progress display makes no sense

The delete progress display shows 5 seconds remaining, 0 items remaining, and 17.1 GB of items to delete. The 5 seconds doesn't change and the process has continued for 40 minutes and no end in sight. It's times like this that I really don't trust the operating system. I have a picture of the display but there is no way to attach it.

:)

LesMosley, Apr 23, 2019
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Apr 23, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting files progress display makes no sense - Similar Threads - Deleting files progress

2. Making Sense of a Bugcheck dmp File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making Sense of a Bugcheck dmp File: Good afternoon! I recently built my first computer and it ran fine for approximately 3 weeks. Suddenly it has started randomly turning off straight to black or blue screen of death. I've run every hardware test I can find, memory, GPU, CPU, and the wall outlet itself all...
  3. Making Sense of a Bugcheck dmp File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Sense of a Bugcheck dmp File: Good afternoon! I recently built my first computer and it ran fine for approximately 3 weeks. Suddenly it has started randomly turning off straight to black or blue screen of death. I've run every hardware test I can find, memory, GPU, CPU, and the wall outlet itself all...
  4. Does storage sense delete personal files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does storage sense delete personal files?: I just wanna ask if it deleted personal files, recently, a bunch of files in my downloads folder had suddenly disappeared luckily the files weren't too important and I think it's because of storage sense. Is it better to turn it off and delete files manually or to use a...
  5. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  6. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES: Windows deleted the entire contents of two different folders within the past month and those are only the ones of which I am aware! I just discovered that Windows 10 has a "Storage Sense" option where it will automatically delete files it thinks you do not need if the system...
  7. "STORAGE SENSE" OPTION DELETING FILES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Storage sense deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Storage sense deleting files: I know I'm asking this question again but it is because I want more clarity. So, the problem is my c drive was almost full like 114.5/118 GB occupied and my recycle bin was empty. I deleted a zip file that I downloaded from google drive from downloads folder, it was of size...
  9. Storage sense deleting files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Storage sense deleting files: My c drive was almost full like only 4.5 GB was free and my recycle bin was empty then I deleted a downloaded zip file from downloads folder and later after some time saw that my recycle bin was empty. My storage sense was on would run when on low disk space and set to delete...
  10. Storage sense automatically deleted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense automatically deleted my files: Good Day, I had only only 1.7 GB of free space in my C drive. I was planning to free up space in the near future by checking and deleting those files I wouldn't need. To my surprise, I found today that my C drive showed 9.38 GB of free space. I didn't know...