Windows 10: Deleting Folders In AppData

Discus and support Deleting Folders In AppData in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe. So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/j1mjam15, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Deleting Folders In AppData

I asked this question in another subreddit already but I wanted some extra opinions just to be safe.

So I uninstalled Zoom months ago because I didn’t want to use it on my laptop and I generally didn’t trust it. However, after looking through my laptops folders for other purposes, I noticed that there’s still a Zoom folder in the Roaming Folder under AppData. I’m assuming this was leftover from when I uninstalled, but I digress.

There’s nothing in the folder other than a text file called “installer”, but I still don’t want it on my computer. Can I delete this folder without worrying about corrupting any data?

submitted by /u/j1mjam15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/j1mjam15, Dec 19, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting Folders In AppData :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting Folders In AppData :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 19, 2020
  3. deleted AppData Account Picture file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to about AppData folder.

What is the AppData folder?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: This link is also applicable to Windows 10 as well.

I suggest you to perform System Restore on your computer and check if you are able to get back the AppData folder.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

To perform System Restore follow the step provided below.

• Press Windows Key + R Key
    • Type rstrui and press Enter.

Hope this resolves your issue. Do let us know if it helped. For further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Deleting Folders In AppData

How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Deleting Folders In AppData

1. Deleting Folders In AppData - Similar Threads - Deleting Folders AppData

2. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  3. Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete AppData Roaming Folder?: My Antivirus Has detected a File Rep Malware in this file so What Should I do.Should I Remove It or Not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-appdata-roaming-folder/5ee75130-6620-4a51-b426-1ba3208bf282
  4. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  5. AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppData Folder: I can't download some things because i accidentally deleted the AppData folder. Any ideas how to get the folder back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-folder/6ac62255-4077-47ca-9bb8-4b33fd688bbe
  6. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  7. cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission: i have full control and permissions. when it asks me i tell it to go ahead. at the end it says i can't delete it without permission. literally have full permission on every single account. what in the fuck. under user i'm already set to administrator. submitted by...
  8. Question about deleting some folders in appdata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about deleting some folders in appdata: I've been deleting folders in appdata of stuff with old program names etc and just found out its a risky thing to do because it might make windows or programs not work properly. everything seems to still work ok though. Should I reinstall windows or will Windows be fine....
  9. I accidently deleted my AppData folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidently deleted my AppData folder...: Yup...The title says it all. I saw it would give some more storage and thought to myself: Windows would not delete any important files would it now? I was wrong. My pathfinder is gone. Some of my homework is gone. A lot of files, apps etc. I am really depressed and i do not...
  10. Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder: The SendTo folder is something that I do not use, including the one in the browser. Deleting the SendTo folder from the AppData folder does not crash the computer. It makes the computer no longer having the SendTo folder. In fact, I do not need help from this one....