Windows 10: Deleting Folders in Desktop

Discus and support Deleting Folders in Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VuTran_2601, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Deleting Folders in Desktop

Hello everyone! I create this post to ask if someone can help me to delete these Folders in my Desktop category. I've tried to right-click on these Folders to find the way to delete them. But it doesn't seem to have a option to delete. Does anyone have a solution to help me? Thank you! Deleting Folders in Desktop 4c103414-cca8-4531-894d-7c97762d1dcf?upload=true.png

:)

VuTran_2601, Oct 17, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Deleting Folders in Desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Deleting Folders in Desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 17, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 17, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Deleting Folders in Desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Deleting Folders in Desktop

1. Deleting Folders in Desktop - Similar Threads - Deleting Folders Desktop

2. Unable to delete folder on desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder on desktop.: Okay so I was being really stupid and looking in the permissions of a folder I had on my desktop in the security tab. But I accidently disabled the READ access permission on ADMINISTRATORS so I cant delete the file nor can I even see whats inside it. Please help I have tried...
  3. Cannot delete this folder on desktop !

Cannot delete this folder on desktop !: Hello, This a folder in my computer desktop, I have used this folder for some paper writings and all but after completing my tasks I wanted to delete this folder from my desktop but it is not deleting by any means at all. I have tried various methods to solve this problem...
  4. Deleted desktop folder recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted desktop folder recovery: I uninstalled an app installed on the desktop with its uninstall tool, and guess what, the tool was programmed to delete the entire FOLDER it was installed on!! I had NO System Restore points!! HELP MY POOR PC!!...
  5. Deletion of folder from desktop

Deletion of folder from desktop: Hi, Today I found one of my folder from desktop is deleted automatically. Just an hour before I have selected a file and share with someone as an attachment in a mail. This is very surprising. Is there any solution?...
  6. cannot delete a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete a desktop folder: i have a folder sitting on my desktop for a long time and I simply cannot delete it every time i try to delete it i get a message Item not found cannot find item Try again or cancel I have just rebuilt the laptop and its still there Winver 1803 145590
  7. deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleted desktop folder: deleted desktop folder and this error comes please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-desktop-folder/dd9aa2cc-8b6d-4d8e-b181-5934ced03c24
  8. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop: I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab: [img] and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened,...
  9. folder on desktop cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    folder on desktop cannot be deleted: On my desktop there is a folder, I want to delete. I am able to rename that folder (for instance Away), but I am not able to delete it since the folder contains another folder, named shellext. Everything I try to do (administrator account) with the shellext folder results...
  10. Accidentally deleted desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted desktop folder: I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel...