Windows 10: Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit

Discus and support Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a "Bliss" font that I use on other systems and is licensed for use on my Surface Pro with Windows 10 - Version 1809 It is currently in my fonts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CSapGo, Mar 23, 2019.

1. CSapGo Win User

Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit

I have a "Bliss" font that I use on other systems and is licensed for use on my Surface Pro with Windows 10 - Version 1809

It is currently in my fonts list, but unfortunately the Bliss-Regular.otf file I installed appears to be conflicting with a BLISS-Regular_01.otf version of the same name font, and it's not presenting properly.

I've tried the simple steps to uninstalling/deleting the problem file, but I can only delete the new file, and the old file remains due to the 'in use' issue.

I've attempted the steps to deleting the file from the registry; however, the Bliss font doesn't even exist in the registry.

It doesn't appear in either of these areas:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

This sure has been a time-killer. I hope I can receive some help here. Thank you.

:)

CSapGo, Mar 23, 2019

2. how to delete an in use font on windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Do you want to delete the current font?

Follow the steps given below.

• Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

• Click the font that you want to uninstall. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold down CTRL while you click each font.

• On the File menu, click Delete.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 23, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Mar 23, 2019
  4. kodex Win User

Fonts don't appear correctly, or at all, in some apps.

Recently, I don't know when exactly, the font in Firefox's address bar didn't appear correctly.

Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit Firefox.jpg

I then noticed that the font in iTunes was incorrect.

Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit itunes.jpg

Lastly, and most importantly, Steam doesn't display any font at all. Except for text in the browser window, that is.

Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit Steam.jpg

I could use some help guys. Thanks in advance.

kodex, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit - Similar Threads - Deleting Fonts don't

2. How to delete a font if it's in use and doesn't appear in regidet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a font if it's in use and doesn't appear in regidet?: I've tried following methods:1 Deleting in Settings - Personalisations it did nothing2 Searching in regidet nowhere to be found, in fact, fonts in question are in users - myname - appdata - local - microsoft - windows - fonts3 Downloaded a program called ProcessExplorer it...
  3. How to delete a font if it's in use and doesn't appear in regidet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a font if it's in use and doesn't appear in regidet?: I've tried following methods:1 Deleting in Settings - Personalisations it did nothing2 Searching in regidet nowhere to be found, in fact, fonts in question are in users - myname - appdata - local - microsoft - windows - fonts3 Downloaded a program called ProcessExplorer it...
  4. Accidentally deleted something from Regedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted something from Regedit: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run This was the path way for the key that was deleted, when using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , which appears to have put the folder back but there is nothign that is in it. Nothing on the...
  5. WordPad Recent documents, not complicated to delete. Don't use Regedit!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    WordPad Recent documents, not complicated to delete. Don't use Regedit!!!!: In your windows menu go to Windows Accessories, scroll down to WordPad Right click on Icon and it will show the list of recent documents,right click on a document in the list and a menu comes up, that menu has OPEN; PRINT; PIN to this LIST; REMOVE from this LIST;...
  6. Deleted User in regedit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted User in regedit: So yesterday my pc shut down randomly It think it was a blue screen of death or something like that and today when I loaded up I got into a temp user. It wasn't my first time,I had fixed it before. But instead of deleting the right user in regedit I deleted the one with...
  7. Deleted value from regedit

Deleted value from regedit: Hello, I had a problem with automatically closing command prompt. I found solution of deleting AutoRun value from \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor. Unfortunatelly that destroyed my system. Only cmd were available after starting the system. Now I added...
  8. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit: I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with...
  9. How to delete/remove these fonts i don't USE!!

How to delete/remove these fonts i don't USE!!: Hi, I'm here for a solution! few days ago i bought a new laptop who's came with Windows 10 64bit version. I am a typography designer when i start my work i saw there are already pre-installed 300+ fonts! i don't need all of this fonts, i want to uninstall some fonts and...
  10. Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10)

Deleted .ttf files from regedit, Icons no longer showing (Windows 10): Hi, my name is Matt Stevenson and I recently attempted to change the font of my Sticky Notes on my Windows 10 PC. Firstly, what I did was research how to do so and found that I could access the 'regedit' component via using the 'Run' Desktop application. I was told that...