Windows 10: Deleting fonts

Discus and support Deleting fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to delete a font in windows 10 build 9860? I used to delete fonts in win8 and win 10( previous build) by right clicking and delete but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brummyfan, Oct 23, 2014.

1. brummyfan Win User

Deleting fonts

Is there a way to delete a font in windows 10 build 9860? I used to delete fonts in win8 and win 10( previous build) by right clicking and delete but the new build will not allow to do that.

:)

brummyfan, Oct 23, 2014

2. What is the difference hiding or deleting fonts

Which fonts can deleted. What is the difference hiding or deleting fonts

RayHackart, Oct 23, 2014
  3. Some fonts are missing after upgrade

Ok, now you know how to browse registry. Could you export the Fonts registry for me to take a look of the fonts that are installed during boot.

Go to this registry path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Then right click the Fonts folder in the left pane, and select Export to export the registry to a file, then open the file with notepad, copy the content out and post here.

You can check if the font that is missing in this list, and check what is the path for that font ( the Data column, if there's no explicit path the font file is in c:\windows\fonts). If the font is in c:\windows\fonts folder, delete it from there from command
    line. If the font has an explicit path, delete it from the registry (right click the font name, select Delete), and then try to install the font again.

DavidZhuMS, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Pendaws Win User

Deleting fonts

Well, I just went into the font folder and it allows me to delete a font?
    I just right clicked on the font and there is a delete link in the drop down menu.
    Having said that, I did notice a couple that appear to have the shield symbol
    and they wouldn't allow deletion.

Pendaws, Oct 23, 2014
  5. brummyfan Win User
    I couldn't delete any of them whether it has the security shield symbol or not, tried to change the security settings to allow permission but they all greyed out, never mind, it's only a Preview and hope it's not permanent.

brummyfan, Oct 23, 2014
  6. Berton Win User
    Some Fonts are required by the system, probably is why they can't be deleted.

Berton, Oct 25, 2014
  7. thimker Win User
    I removed the Asian and Cherokee files in Windows 7 via Regedit. Is there an easier, safer way?
    Supposedly ControlPanel>Fonts lets user delete garbage fonts. But ALL get declared "protected system font".
    Even *.fon files are protected, though not needed since Win3.1.

thimker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Deleting fonts

1. Deleting fonts - Similar Threads - Deleting fonts

2. How do I delete Aptos font as an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Aptos font as an option?: I never want to see parts of my email and documents changed to Aptos font again. How do I permanently delete Aptos font from my font options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-aptos-font-as-an-option/dd087581-8a49-4cbd-8733-804794a92859
  3. How do I delete Aptos font as an option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Aptos font as an option?: I never want to see parts of my email and documents changed to Aptos font again. How do I permanently delete Aptos font from my font options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-aptos-font-as-an-option/dd087581-8a49-4cbd-8733-804794a92859
  4. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  5. Deletion of font in AppData file

Deletion of font in AppData file: I installed Helvetica Font on my computer to use in a project but now it affected the appearance of some websites that I frequently use. I've deleted it from my fonts folder but the websites didn't change back to its normal font. I searched for the font and found it under...
  6. Deletion of font in AppData file

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. [SOLVED] Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows: I was tinkering around with fonts to add a symbol to it, and then decided to start over and go back to the original font. I uninstalled the fonts through the regular font menu in Windows settings.However, this font still appears on my computer, even though it does not appear...
  8. Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows: I was tinkering around with fonts to add a symbol to it, and then decided to start over and go back to the original font. I uninstalled the fonts through the regular font menu in Windows settings.However, this font still appears on my computer, even though it does not appear...
  9. Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows: I was tinkering around with fonts to add a symbol to it, and then decided to start over and go back to the original font. I uninstalled the fonts through the regular font menu in Windows settings.However, this font still appears on my computer, even though it does not appear...
  10. Font that is supposed to be deleted is still on Windows