Windows 10: Deleting info after installing new update

Discus and support Deleting info after installing new update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! It's asking me if after installing the latest update if I want to delete the older version. What will be deleted if I say yes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DoreneMorrison, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Deleting info after installing new update

Hello! It's asking me if after installing the latest update if I want to delete the older version. What will be deleted if I say yes?

:)

DoreneMorrison, Jun 27, 2020
  2. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Jun 27, 2020
  3. musek Win User
    ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Jun 27, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Deleting info after installing new update

Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

A simple websearch would have given you info quicker than complaining about someone suggesting to upgrade to Windows 10 and something causing the Windows.old to be deleted, which I doubt was caused by Microsoft.
    Rebuild System Partition

The second way here we can put forward is to rebuild the system partition. If you don't want to pay a penny to do the lost partition recovery, try this method. Note that this requires you have the Windows installation disk. Now follow the instructions to begin.
    Preparatory work:
    Boot the computer using the Windows installation media for your running OS. Then on the first installation screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
    Now run the following commands at the command prompt.
    Step 1:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    Step 2:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition n (n is the Windows OS partition)
    active
    exit (exit diskpart)
    Step 3:
    bootrec /fixboot
    Step 4:
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

bro67, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Deleting info after installing new update

1. Deleting info after installing new update - Similar Threads - Deleting info installing

2. After update the info doesn't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update the info doesn't go away: So since like two months everytime after I update my win 11 the updat won't disappear even when I refresh the site with "check for update" the same update shows up again saying "finished". To show you what I mean I'm gonna attach a few screenshots my pc language is german so...
  3. After update the info doesn't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update the info doesn't go away: So since like two months everytime after I update my win 11 the updat won't disappear even when I refresh the site with "check for update" the same update shows up again saying "finished". To show you what I mean I'm gonna attach a few screenshots my pc language is german so...
  4. Profile info And update info not seen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile info And update info not seen: I upgraded to windows 11 by joining Windows Insider Program Later I had some issues so I came back to windows 10 and my settings does not show my profile and update options.Hope my issue gets solved ASAP....
  5. problems after windows update (info in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems after windows update (info in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ItsBlare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6zbxe/problems_after_windows_update_info_in_comments/
  6. Help, new feature update wont install (More info in the comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, new feature update wont install (More info in the comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yatsumegai [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4rsfm/help_new_feature_update_wont_install_more_info_in/
  7. PC is in a rebooting loop after deleting personal info to sell it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is in a rebooting loop after deleting personal info to sell it: After turning on my PC, it asked for my password, but I didn't remember it so I deleted all personal info so that I could sell it, and now it just keeps restarting over and over again that it doesnt let me do anything, I pushed all buttons, but nothing The Stop Code that...
  8. Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crystal Disk Info new update 8.1.0: CrystalDiskInfo Crystal Dew World [img] 131326
  9. Install Info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Info: www.microsoft.com\en-gb\software-download\windows10 www.microsoft.com\en-us\software-download\windows10 Adjust accordingly to region if you want. Select upgrade if first time before activation. No need to wait for GWX notification. Do not clean install until activated...
  10. Delete Boot Info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete Boot Info: I have upgradede my PC installed win10 onto a new HDD i just connected up the 2 spare HDD's in me case, but 1 must have had a copy of win 10 in it. after booting up for the first time, it asked me for a password, which it said was wrong i was able to click into my...