Windows 10: deleting items from a drop down list

Discus and support deleting items from a drop down list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hkatlady, Aug 4, 2018.

1. hkatlady Win User

deleting items from a drop down list

after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up?

:)

hkatlady, Aug 4, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

3. Flivvertoo Win User
    Favorites Listing with Number of Items

I am familiar with the settings menu. I am clearing some of the data like browsing history, cookies, etc.. That suggestion does not address my concern which is: On my drop down list of Favorite sites, under each Favorite listed, there is an item number
    listed. For instance, I have a favorite site called MEDICAL. Right under that heading, there is "10 items" shown referring to the number of sites under the heading MEDICAL.
    I want to remove the line showing the number of items from each heading in my Favorites listing. The number of items line just started appearing. It does not show up on the Favorites list on my
    other two computers where I also use the Microsoft Edge browser and Windows 10.

Flivvertoo, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Michael-Heeney Win User

Drop Lists in Win10

I have several applications that use drop lists that no longer work with the mouse in Windows10. Using the mouse left click does not activate the list of options. Sometimes, you can click in the field and use the keyboard down or up arrow to see the list
    options but that is not always the case. On the same machine, using Excel 2013, I can create a drop list and it works perfectly. Any suggestions?

Michael-Heeney, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. deleting items from a drop down list - Similar Threads - deleting items drop

2. Deleting unwanted items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....
  3. Increase recent items list

Increase recent items list: I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces: Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else. How to change...
  4. Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list: [img] 97281
  5. Can't add or remove items from start list

Can't add or remove items from start list: The situation is I can't add any item to the "start list', which is the list on the left of the start icons. As far as I've read, it's supposed to be as easy as dragging an icon, but it can't be done I get an "x" when I reach the destination at the left. Strange also, is...
  6. deleting listings

in Browsers and Email
    deleting listings: When sending e-mail and punching in the fist letter in a name , a listing comes up with a bunch of names I don't want , or need. How do I delete those names not wanted? 16036
  7. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  8. Windows Explorer Right Click - reducing items in Drop Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Right Click - reducing items in Drop Down: When I Right Click on an item in Explorer I may want to just select 'Rename' or 'Copy" but there is now so many items in the dropdown and it scrolls down over items on the bottom line of the screen. Every app these days wants to add it's own shortcut to the Right Click...
  9. Printer missing from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...
  10. Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow: Hi guys, I have a problem where right clicking and trying to open drop downs (i think called context menus). There is often a huge delay and unresponsiveness, but not crashes. In the video you'll see me try to open windows, and right clicking the sound icon, which opens...