Windows 10: deleting items from a drop down list

Discus and support deleting items from a drop down list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hkatlady, Aug 4, 2018.

1. hkatlady Win User

deleting items from a drop down list

after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up?

:)

hkatlady, Aug 4, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

3. Favorites Listing with Number of Items

I am familiar with the settings menu. I am clearing some of the data like browsing history, cookies, etc.. That suggestion does not address my concern which is: On my drop down list of Favorite sites, under each Favorite listed, there is an item number
    listed. For instance, I have a favorite site called MEDICAL. Right under that heading, there is "10 items" shown referring to the number of sites under the heading MEDICAL.
    I want to remove the line showing the number of items from each heading in my Favorites listing. The number of items line just started appearing. It does not show up on the Favorites list on my
    other two computers where I also use the Microsoft Edge browser and Windows 10.

Flivvertoo, Aug 4, 2018
  4. deleting items from a drop down list

Drop Lists in Win10

I have several applications that use drop lists that no longer work with the mouse in Windows10. Using the mouse left click does not activate the list of options. Sometimes, you can click in the field and use the keyboard down or up arrow to see the list
    options but that is not always the case. On the same machine, using Excel 2013, I can create a drop list and it works perfectly. Any suggestions?

Michael-Heeney, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

deleting items from a drop down list

1. deleting items from a drop down list - Similar Threads - deleting items drop

2. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  3. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  4. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot select items from drop-down menus: Hello,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I am trying to use an engineering load program from Carrier. However, I cannot select items from the drop-down menu. When I click on the items nothing happens. The same is true when I navigate to the items using the keyboard and hit...
  5. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select items from drop-down menus: Hello,I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6. I am trying to use an engineering load program from Carrier. However, I cannot select items from the drop-down menu. When I click on the items nothing happens. The same is true when I navigate to the items using the keyboard and hit...
  6. Cannot select items from drop-down menus

7. Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?: Okay, so I have some files which have multiple hard links each. If I wanted to get rid of them permanently, I'd have to not only delete the original filename, but all of its hard linked filenames too. So I know how to obtain all of these hard links, I can use the fsutil...
  8. Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists.: After upgrading to the latest Windows 20H2 version, the settings app faced a new problem where I cannot see any option in the settings app drop-down everywhere in the system. Please refer to the attached photo of the settings app. This issue is present everywhere in the app...
  9. Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail

Deleted email address still in drop down pick list Mail: My people app is correct and only the appropriate email address is there. However, when I type a name in my TO line all the previous addresses show up as an option. I have reset my app, tested through gmail doesn't happen there, addresses are correct only in WLM. How do...
  10. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...