Windows 10: Deleting items from Lock Screen

Discus and support Deleting items from Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found how to add items to my Lock Screen but not delete them. My lock screen has a mail count when I think I cleared them all 15 now and weather for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NormanStaehling, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Deleting items from Lock Screen

I found how to add items to my Lock Screen but not delete them. My lock screen has a mail count when I think I cleared them all 15 now and weather for DC when I live in Lilburn, GA. I know this is trivial but it is maddening.

How do I fix this?

:)

NormanStaehling, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Downloaded application displays a screen before Windows starts

Actually I recon that this works:

Fix: Deleted Picture Appearing in Lock Screen on Windows 10 - Appuals.com

Callender, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Deleting items from Lock Screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Deleting items from Lock Screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Deleting items from Lock Screen

1. Deleting items from Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Deleting items Lock

2. Cannot delete items from desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete items from desktop: I am unable to delete items from my desktop. Whether I right click and hit delete, or drag them to the trash, they will be gone for a split second, the pop right back up on the desktop. Occasionally I will get a message that says words to the affect "If you delete this from...
  3. Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete a folder from deleted items from Windows Mail: I am unable to permanently delete a folder from Windows Mail. I keep getting the error " The ***** folder could not be deleted"Version: 16005.14326.20206.0* Moved from Windows Live Mail...
  4. Deleting Recent items from Windows Search

in Cortana
    Deleting Recent items from Windows Search: Whenever I type any software's name in the "Type here to search" section of the taskbar, a list of recent files I opened with the software appears in a side pane. I really hate such cluttering but the bigger problem is that I have deleted many such files but they still keep...
  5. Recover deleted items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Recover deleted items: Is there any way to recover deleted items from Outlook 365? 161733
  6. Deleted Items Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  7. items deleting automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    items deleting automatically: hello everyone... my issue is that everytime i click on a song or file it gets deleted or moved to recycle bin? what i should do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/items-deleting-automatically/2a7a6876-6b9c-4b68-9a6b-faf1a2140ab1"
  8. Cannot delete an item from my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot delete an item from my desktop: After installing an application (Tagging for Windows) which is an extension to Windows Explorer on a Win 10 a computer an icon lablled Tags is added to my desktop, which I can move about but not delete. No file corresponding to the icon appears in the...
  9. how to delete lock screen picture delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete lock screen picture delete: how to delete lock screen unwanted picture delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-delete-lock-screen-picture-delete/23c4bb68-547d-482d-9a44-1a4069eaf066
  10. deleting items from a drop down list

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting items from a drop down list: after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up? 115388