Windows 10: Deleting Linux partition with GPT

Discus and support Deleting Linux partition with GPT in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealisticInterest6, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup?

submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RealisticInterest6, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Smittychat., Apr 30, 2020
  3. TrueRock2 Win User
    How to delete the GUID Partition Table (GPT) on a HDD

I have a Windows 7 PC that has a virus (probably multiple viruses). I'm going to rebuild the PC with Windows 10.

I have removed the HDD from the Windows 7 PC and have it externally attached to a different Windows 10 PC via eSATA.

I have deleted all of the partitions on the external HDD - but, also - I would like to delete the GPT from the HDD also.

How do I delete the GPT from an HDD?

I have googled some references on the internet that suggest using various freeware utilities (e.g. Super Fdisk).

Does Windows 10 have a command that deletes a GPT - perhaps somewhere in the DISKPART command?

I'm thinking if I use DISKPART to convert the GPT to MBR and then convert it back to GPT - I will have effectively deleted the GPT.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TrueRock2, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Deleting Linux partition with GPT

1. Deleting Linux partition with GPT - Similar Threads - Deleting Linux partition

2. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  3. Deleted linux partition in dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted linux partition in dual boot: I was dual booting windows and majaro but I deleted the majaro partition by mistake while increasing its size and now I cannot boot into windows. What can I do?...
  4. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  5. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive: I have an SSD and a HD, I have windows installed on the SSD and I use the HD to store extra data. I accidentally deleted the GPT partition of my hard drive doesn't affect my windows however windows can't detect the hard drive now while trying to install Ubuntu on my HD for a...
  6. Accidentally deleted GPT partition on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot to windows after a linux deleted partition: Can you help me with my Windows 10 boot. I had a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu partitions. My computer was running extremely slow in windows so I deleted the Ubuntu partition. Unfortunately I can now no longer boot into anything as my computer diverts to Grub....
  8. Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete Linux Partition (and GRUB): I have a single disk laptop which I installed KDE Neon on. Now I want to remove it. Will I be able to simply download AOMEI tool and delete the Linux partition and use the built in fixmbr option? Every tutorial on yt has comments saying command lines are unreliable and I’m...
  9. Partition oddity with GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition oddity with GPT: I was going to do a Linux Mint upgrade and ran into a partition problem. I had an overlapping partition. I got that straightened out, but when I run Gparted I get the following message and would like to repair the partition table accordingly. While it is a Linux message; the...
  10. Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk): Last night I wiped out my ASUS T100 tablet to clean install TH2. But there is a 7GB Recovery partition from Windows 8.1 that I can't get rid off using Diskpart. Can someone please assist me? [img] 29808