Windows 10: Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App

Discus and support Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sdrum, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Sdrum Win User

Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App

I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button?

:)

Sdrum, Aug 5, 2022

2. Your Phone App - Link to Windows not working

Has anyone found the secret to getting the Your Phone - Link to Windows App working correctly?
    Looking at the number of posts in other forums saying they have problems there is clearly a major issue with this App. It's a pity because it used to work quite well before recent Windows updates.
    Basically my phone (Samsung A515) will connect to Your Phone on my PC and I can see the headers of Notifications on my PC. If I try to read Messages or access Photos or open Desktop Apps it says I need permissions and asks me to click on a link to send a permission request to my phone. It never arrives. I don't see any permission request. Also it doesn't say what permissions are missing nor how to enable them.
    The response from MS is always to ensure that your phone and PC Apps are at the latest version (they are). I suspect there is a major bug in this App, yet others seem to suggest that it does work. Hopelessly confused.
    Winver: 21H1 19043 1237.

Colonel Stack, Aug 5, 2022
  3. DonB312 Win User
    Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App

I have this same issue. I like the idea of the Phone Link app but its usefulness is greatly diminished by missing basic functionality like the ability to delete messages from the app. When I got the app I was under the impression that I would be able to manage messages and calls from my PC. As it is, I find that I very often still have to pick up my phone to do very basic things.

At the very least, messages deleted from the phone should not show up in the app.

Edit: After some investigation it appears that the messages that were still showing in Phone Link weren't deleted from the phone; they were in the archive and spam sections of the messaging app on the phone (I use Google messages). Once I removed them from there they disappeared from Phone Link.

And upon reflection, this seems pretty reasonable. I'm guessing the "spam" and "archived" statuses are specific to the particular app being used on the phone. Phone Link may not have a way of distinguishing those messages.

I realize that this may not apply to the original poster since they specified that they deleted the messages and did not archive them.

DonB312, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App - Similar Threads - Deleting messages Phone

2. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?: I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button? Are you working on this?...
  3. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?: I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button? Are you working on this?...
  4. Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC: This is incredibly frustrating, the app works good but I cannot create a new text message from my PC only from my phone. see pictureI've seen previous threads where people have this same issue, but no help. ....
  5. Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC

Phone Link App - Cannot send NEW messages from PC: This is incredibly frustrating, the app works good but I cannot create a new text message from my PC only from my phone. see pictureI've seen previous threads where people have this same issue, but no help. Picture -> Well I was going to upload one but for what ever reason...
  6. How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?: I deleted all SMS from my connected android smartphone Pixel 6.I still see SMS message in windows 10 phone link app.I already tried to:Update both app from smartphone and from windows 10delete and reinstall phone link in windows 10 storeuninstall and reinstall phone link on...
  7. How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?

How delete a SMS message from Windows 10 phone link app?: I deleted all SMS from my connected android smartphone Pixel 6.I still see SMS message in windows 10 phone link app.I already tried to:Update both app from smartphone and from windows 10delete and reinstall phone link in windows 10 storeuninstall and reinstall phone link on...
  8. Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App: I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button?...
  9. Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App: I have a new Samsung Galaxy S22+, and a Win10 desktop computer. I removed the app when I had a Galaxy S8, for the same reasons I am preparing to do so again. NOT user-friendly. I have old messages from a few days ago, STILL showing up in the app. They were DELETED FROM MY...
  10. Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App

Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App: I have a new Samsung Galaxy S22+, and a Win10 desktop computer. I removed the app when I had a Galaxy S8, for the same reasons I am preparing to do so again. NOT user-friendly. I have old messages from a few days ago, STILL showing up in the app. They were DELETED FROM MY...