Windows 10: Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail

Discus and support Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried all the normal ways and it still remains. It's driving me mad every time I open the mail. This is in the in-box and I can't even move it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by irisk1, Oct 25, 2016.

1. irisk1 Win User

Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail

I have tried all the normal ways and it still remains. It's driving me mad every time I open the mail. This is in the in-box and I can't even move it anywhere to try and delete it that way. No biggie I know but I really would like to get rid of it.
    Thanks

:)

irisk1, Oct 25, 2016

2. can not sync windows hotmail with windows phone 7

Hi CarolsRivero,

I have just tried to:

• delete mails from Windows Phone 7 and the mail is still on the server Windows Live
    • delete mails from Windows Live and the mail is removed from the Windows Phone 7
    Basically, Windows Live is set as a POP3 (leave mails from server when you delete it on the website. So it is deleted on the Windows Phone 7)

Windows Phone is set as a IMAP (don't leave mails from server when you delete it on the website. So it is not deleted on the Windows Live)

Can you try to do the same thing please? Each time you send or delete a mail in you test, please synchronise both Windows Live and Windows Phone 7

Thanks!

Apple Power, Oct 25, 2016
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Recovering a deleted email from the deleted items folder or Recycle Bin

Hi,

To retrieve the deleted emails on your Windows Live Mail, what I can suggest is for you to try and open the Deleted folder in Windows Live Mail. Click recover deleted messages at the bottom of the message list.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

I had this problem with my Hotmail account, it turned out that the account had been upgraded to the new sync protocol so couldn't connect to the server to update.
    Which of your accounts is affected? If hotmail then you will have to delete it & recreate it using imap & smtp or if you use calendar & contacts use the inbuilt mail app.
    Post back if you want the new server settings for hotmail, outlook, live,com accounts.

Bastet, Oct 25, 2016
  5. irisk1 Win User
    Hi - yes its Windows Live Mail. I can delete every other message except this one!

irisk1, Oct 26, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    If you're using Windows Live Mail as your email client & if the account a Microsoft one then you'll have to delete it & recreate it using these settings:
    IncomingServer name:
    imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port:993
    Encryptionmethod: SSL
    OutgoingServer name:
    smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port:587
    Encryptionmethod: SSL

Hth,

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail - Similar Threads - Deleting messages Live

2. Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress: I am running Windows 10 and Live Mail 2012. The mail works very well with one exception. Emails received from Aliexpress do not show pictures. Instead, there are small boxes with an "X" in them, There is no error message. This is the same for all of the several email accounts...
  3. Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail - pictures missing on messages from Aliexpress: I am running Windows 10 and Live Mail 2012. The mail works very well with one exception. Emails received from Aliexpress do not show pictures. Instead, there are small boxes with an "X" in them, There is no error message. This is the same for all of the several email accounts...
  4. Transferring Stored Messages From Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Stored Messages From Windows Live Mail 2012: I am in the process of moving from Windows Live Mail 2012 to Microsoft Mail not Outlook. I have multiple folders and hundreds of stored messages that I want to transfer into Microsoft Mail. I am using a Gmail account. Is there a tool that will do this automatically...
  5. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  6. Error message in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  7. Deleting e-mails in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting e-mails in Windows Live Mail: I can no longer delete e-mails from Windows Live Mail without being online. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/deleting-e-mails-in-windows-live-mail/3aac8284-0ca5-46f6-956b-70932db88315
  8. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  9. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508
  10. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...