Windows 10: Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

Discus and support Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisWise1, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

Hello,

This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure I wasn't deleting the actual application.

I remember when I was a kid I was cleaning my desktop and deleted what I thought was the internet explorer shortcut but was actually the application. I just didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

The file information says it is just a shortcut but then when I go to empty the recycle bin it says the file is from the Applications folder. I just want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid.

Thanks.

:)

ChrisWise1, Jan 15, 2019

2. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 15, 2019
  3. How do I get a shortcut app or icon to desktop from microsoft edge such as club pogo

Hi Pat Ruble,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

You may create shortcut in desktop. Follow the below steps.

• Open the desktop, right click on empty area on desktop and click on
      New->Shortcut.

• Enter the url which you have copied from the Microsoft EDGE in the
      Type the location of the item text box. (Open the EDGE browser, copy the URL which you need to create the shortcut on desktop by pressing CTRL + C keys on the keyboard and paste it in the text box as suggested in the step 2 by pasting the URL
      by pressing CTRL + V keys on the keyboard)

• Click on Next button and then click on
      Finish
      button.

• Now the shortcut will be created on desktop.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 15, 2019
  4. SaraTee Win User

Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

If I'm shopping away in IE and create a shortcut to that webpage on the desktop from IE, if I haven't cleared my cache, it remembers the stuff in my cart for the IE shortcut (for as long as the cookie is good, not just a shopping cart but other similar pages).
    I can't do this in Edge unless I create a Favorite for it IN Edge. Then there is no nice quick link from my desktop, I have to open Edge and select the Favorite. Used this many times with IE desktop links when Black Friday shopping.

Point is it's annoying because Microsoft wants Edge to be the default browser but then the Microsoft employee on here responds with the suggestion to send it to IE to create a Desktop shortcut. I'm using Edge on my Android phone and I can send a shortcut
    for a webpage to the Android Launcher - but I can't do the same with Edge on my Windows 10 computer?

It is a very basic task that should not require multiple steps of opening another application to create a desktop shortcut is the point I think of the OP.

SaraTee, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

1. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop - Similar Threads - Deleting Microsoft Edge

2. Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  3. Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.: I'm unable to delete a shortcut from Firefox and a website I was browsing. I've selected it and hit the "delete" key and right clicked to delete it. I tried moving it to Recycle Bin. I have started Windows in safe mode and tried to delete it and it still won't work. The...
  4. Can't delete a shortcut from desktop, Win10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop: I logged into my personal computer today to find a brand-new Microsoft Edge shortcut added to the desktop. I am the only one with access to this computer, and have not left it unlocked when I was not using it.I have, in the past, gone through a lot of effort to remove Edge,...
  6. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop: I logged into my personal computer today to find a brand-new Microsoft Edge shortcut added to the desktop. I am the only one with access to this computer, and have not left it unlocked when I was not using it.I have, in the past, gone through a lot of effort to remove Edge,...
  7. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

8. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

Create a desktop shortcut in Edge: How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-in-edge/1917c980-a411-4213-96f0-e2d1eef6da9c
  9. Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.

Deleted Shortcuts from the desktop.: I have noticed for a while now that certain shortcuts on my desktop keep disappearing into the trashcan, it leaves a blank white space where the shortcut was! I restore them back from the trashcan only to find them back in the trash a little while later, any suggestions...
  10. Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?: ....... I would like to add a Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut to an url and open in fullscreen (not just maximized). Can someone please tell me how to configure the shortcut ...?... 87651

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove microsoft edge desktop shortcut

2. delete microsoft edge shortcut from desktop

3. remove edge shortcut from desktop

4. delete edge desktop shortcut,
  5. how to delete microsoft edge shortcut,
  6. how to remove microsoft edge from desktop,
  7. copy shortcut to desktop in edge,
  8. remove microsoft edge shortcut,
  9. remove microsoft edge from desktop,
  10. how to get rid of microsoft edge shortcuts,
  11. how do I delete a shortcut edge,