Windows 10: Deleting more than 3 files at a time

Discus and support Deleting more than 3 files at a time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All releases of Windows have always allowed one to delete all the files you want to delete by selecting the files with the SHIFT Key and deleting them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, Jun 27, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

Deleting more than 3 files at a time

All releases of Windows have always allowed one to delete all the files you want to delete by selecting the files with the SHIFT Key and deleting them. But recently it is restricting me to deleting more than 3 files at a time. 1. Why is this? Was there a change? 2. How can we go back to Windows doing what WE tell it to do? Delete more than 3 files at a time. That is what the RECYCLE BIN is for, to recover files if one changes ones mind. Whats happening?

:)

jagman, Jun 27, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 27, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Deleting more than 3 files at a time - Similar Threads - Deleting more files

2. How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once: It is required at an age of multitasking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-showand-operate-more-than-3-windows-at-once/0b6c5b00-a242-42c0-9fd8-f4091943e9fc
  3. How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to showand operate more than 3 windows at once: It is required at an age of multitasking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-showand-operate-more-than-3-windows-at-once/0b6c5b00-a242-42c0-9fd8-f4091943e9fc
  4. How do I highlight more than one file at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I highlight more than one file at a time?: I used to click on the first file, hold down the shift key, then highlight the last file in a series which would then highlight all the files in between. doesn't seem to work like that anymore and I'm just now finding out. I'm looking at a list view and like to know how to...
  5. Taking more than a day to delete thousands of small files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taking more than a day to delete thousands of small files?: I have a 1TB SSD that has a folder named temp with 65,000+ png files in it. I'm trying to delete that folder and it takes forever, either from Explorer or from the command line. I have tried del /s/f/q E:\temp > nul rd /s/f/q E:\temp and it has been running for over a day...
  6. More than 3 minutes loading time after I insert the password of my windows account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than 3 minutes loading time after I insert the password of my windows account.: Hi guys! It’s more than 4 months now I have this issue, I don’t know what else I can do.. My Asus notebook boot really fast, but right after I insert password to log in, Welcome message appears and I have to wait more than 3 minutes to access into the desktop.. I repaired all...
  7. More than 3 columns in Windows Startscreen Fullscreen mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    More than 3 columns in Windows Startscreen Fullscreen mode?: Hi, is there any way I can place 4 icon side by side without creating a new group in start screen or resizing the icons to small? Thanks in advance. [img] 145290
  8. Updates showing as installed more than one time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates showing as installed more than one time: This is probably nothing but have had problems with updates in the past and am more aware when something seems odd. When checking latest installed updates, I see KB4483234 being installed successfully two times on 21 December. Is that just a glitch in the reporting or...
  9. More Issues than TIME Magazine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More Issues than TIME Magazine: Firstly, after having used Windows since Win 95, NEVER have I had such issues with one OS. Honestly, at this point I will pay money to go back to Windows 7, despite no support for it, you generally don't need support for something that isn't broken. so Windows 10 free...
  10. Never More Than 3 System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Never More Than 3 System Restore Points: Using Win 10 Pro AU 64bit. It seems to me that since installing Win 10 Pro on this system I never have more than 3 System Restore Points. I have over 700GB of free space on the system disk. System restore is set to use up to about 100GB. System Restore claims it is currently...