Windows 10: Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?

Discus and support Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, so I have some files which have multiple hard links each. If I wanted to get rid of them permanently, I'd have to not only delete the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlackJacques, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?

Okay, so I have some files which have multiple hard links each. If I wanted to get rid of them permanently, I'd have to not only delete the original filename, but all of its hard linked filenames too. So I know how to obtain all of these hard links, I can use the fsutil command:

fsutil hardlink list <filename>

Now when <filename> has spaces in it, fsutil gets confused. But that can be easily handled by using quotes:

fsutil hardlink list "g:\foo\foo bar.txt"

So this outputs all of hard linked filenames with their spaces too. For example:

g:\foo\foo bar.txt

g:\foo\bar\foo bar.txt

g:\bar\foo\foo bar.txt

Now to delete all of the filenames that come out of this output, I am attempting to use the following type of command:

fsutil hardlink list "g:\foo\foo bar.txt" remove-item

But again if the outputed filenames have spaces in them, then they make remove-item confused. How do I get remove-item to handle filenames with spaces in them, in this case?

:)

BlackJacques, Dec 16, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

3. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell? :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Brooke95 Win User

Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?

Is there a master list for deleting apps with powershell?

Is there a master list for deleting apps with powershell? I saw that people were making articles, videos, etc. and showing people how to delete Groove Music with poweshell, and I was wonder if there is a master list somewhere where I can find the apps
    I want to delete and just copy & paste.

Brooke95, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell?

1. Deleting multiple items from a list, using Powershell? - Similar Threads - Deleting multiple items

2. Deleting the file from the list in the recommended items in the start menu will cause the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting the file from the list in the recommended items in the start menu will cause the...: Win11 22000.613 21H2 Deleting the file from the list in the recommended items in the start menu will cause the file to not be displayed again in the recommended items in the start menu after opening the file again...
  3. Deleting the file from the list in the recommended items in the start menu will cause the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting the file from the list in the recommended items in the start menu will cause the...: Win11 22000.613 21H2 Deleting the file from the list in the recommended items in the start menu will cause the file to not be displayed again in the recommended items in the start menu after opening the file again...
  4. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  5. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  6. How to permanently delete items from my favoriyes list on microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to permanently delete items from my favoriyes list on microsoft edge: I delete items I no longer need from my favorites list, but they reappear the next day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-delete-items-from-my-favoriyes/1dbe8977-7213-4096-a2ce-c29aba4bcb17
  7. Adding a language from the language list using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a language from the language list using PowerShell: Hello everyone! I have this problem, I'm learning PowerShell at school and we had to use PowerShell to add a language to our computers. I wrote the code, but I only understood how to replace the language, so I had my keyboard layout in Russian and I replaced it to English,...
  8. Is there a master list for deleting apps with powershell?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a master list for deleting apps with powershell?: Is there a master list for deleting apps with powershell? I saw that people were making articles, videos, etc. and showing people how to delete Groove Music with poweshell, and I was wonder if there is a master list somewhere where I can find the apps I want to delete and...
  9. deleting items from a drop down list

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting items from a drop down list: after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up? 115388
  10. More items to Most used list

in Windows 10 Support
    More items to Most used list: Hey guys! I am trying to figure out how I can have more than 6 items to the most used list in the Start Menu. I have seen screenshots with more but can't find out where to do that in the options... Soooo... here I am. *Biggrin It's not a big deal so if it's not...