Windows 10: Deleting my administrator account

Discus and support Deleting my administrator account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Airlane1979, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Deleting my administrator account

I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?

:)

Airlane1979, Dec 1, 2021
  2. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Dec 1, 2021
  4. iamollie Win User

Deleting my administrator account

Deleting User Accounts

i have no access to that administrator account
    Sorry guys ill clarify a bit
    I have an operating system with three accounts on it, 2 administrators and 1 limited
    I need to delete one of the administrators but i have no access to the other
    I can plug the hard drive into other computers to access it from there
    thanks

iamollie, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Deleting my administrator account

1. Deleting my administrator account - Similar Threads - Deleting administrator account

2. Deleting my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting my administrator account: I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?...
  3. Deleting my administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting my administrator account: I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?...
  4. Deleted Administration Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Administration Account: Hi I mistakenly deleted my Administration Account from my PC before I had the alternative admin account set up on my pc. I now cannot access Windows. I can access the existing account from another pc and it shows it linked to the pc in question. But I cannot find any way...
  5. Delete Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Administrator Account: I am trying to reset my whole entire computer. I want to delete an administrator account and make my account the primary. It doesn't give me the option on this computer. I have done it on 2 other laptops with no problems, please help....
  6. Administrator account deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account deleted: I have removed the administrator rights from the administrator user by mistake. Now I am left with only standard user and I am not able to do any activity wherein administrative rights are required. I can see in users folder the administrator user name but not able to access...
  7. Deleted Administrator Account

Deleted Administrator Account: Hello, I was trying to delete all of my accounts on my pc so i don't have to put in password and login in everytime i get on but i guess i changed my administrator to local and now i can't really do anything and everything i do it requires me to sign in as administrator and...
  8. Delete administrator account

Delete administrator account: I need to close down my old administrator account on my laptop but because Microsoft closed that account I can no longer sign in and do this. Is there another way to clear this account?...
  9. delete administrator account

delete administrator account: how do I delete an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-administrator-account/2c835d43-6e09-482a-935a-96cc31081cfd
  10. Administrator account deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account deleted: I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted. Administrator privileges were given to an old account for which I no longer have a password. My only access to my computer is as...