Windows 10: Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my first post here. I have a new ultrabook (which I rather like) that came with Win 10 pre-installed. It has a slew of non-Latin fonts that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bookbear1948, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

This is my first post here. I have a new ultrabook (which I rather like) that came with Win 10 pre-installed. It has a slew of non-Latin fonts that I would like to delete (I have to wade through them all in pick lists on OpenOffice Writer). I have tried deleting them via Control Panel/Appearance/Fonts, with no success. Is there an easy way to delete the non-Latin fonts? Is there ANY way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Bookbear1948, Dec 20, 2015
  2. titof65 Win User

cannot sync with 2nd PC

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri;
    panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes;
    mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} span.EstiloCorreo15 {mso-style-typeDeleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home :personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-ansi-font-size:11.0pt;
    mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm
    70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->
    I have a Treo Pro with which I used to be able to sync with 2 PCs, work and home.
    For some reason I cannot sync anymore with my home PC. THe PC does not detect the USB connection and therefore does not sync.
    Anybody know how to solve? I have tried erasing the Active Sync soft and then download it again, but no luck!!

titof65, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 1703 Locale Problem (Non-Unicode)

Finally the correction !!!

May 25, 2017—KB4020102 (OS Build 15063.332)

Addressed issue where some non-Unicode fonts (Courier, MS Sans Serif, etc.) do not render characters correctly on non-Latin, single-byte system locales (Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.). Black bars or other artifacts appear instead.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020102/windows-10-update-kb4020102

yuval dalal, Dec 20, 2015
  4. hunte922 Win User

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

hunte922, Dec 20, 2015
  5. Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Dec 21, 2015
  6. AndreyT Win User
    Um... Would you please be so kind to explain, what on Earth is a "non-Latin font"? Windows is a Unicode system and has been for quite a while. It uses Unicode fonts, for which there's no such thing as division into "Latin" or "non-Latin".

Can you provide an example of what you are trying to delete?

AndreyT, Dec 21, 2015
  7. non-Latin = characters from other alphabets, such as Thai or Arabic

Non-Latin fonts:
    Batang
    Mangal
    Meriyo
    ming LiU
    Ya-Hei
    SimSun
    SimHei
    SimKai
    Urdu
    Traditional Arabic

The list goes on. All of these came pre-installed with Win 10. Most are grayed out, which should indicate they are 'hidden', but they ALL still show on EVERY program that allows font choices.
    Myanmar Text

Bookbear1948, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

1. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Deleting non Latin

2. Non-Latin Fonts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Latin Fonts: [ATTACH] i've been searching this for days, but is there any way to change the Non-Latin Fonts? the fonts sucks so bad its even looks like a bitmap fonts. note that i already use MacType, so font rendering is not the problem here....
  3. how come it´s almost impossible to install non Latin fonts on english windows 10 x64 pro...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how come it´s almost impossible to install non Latin fonts on english windows 10 x64 pro...: I´m a graphic designer/designer but have scripts and written languages as a hobby. On my mac I can install every font there is, and I mean nonlatin fonts. But hardly ever work on non of my windows machines.I would also love to have the ability to work with them when I work,...
  4. problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64: Im a designer and using all kinds of tools to make parts of logotypes, digital art, etc. On my mac, I have no problem installing any Latin fonts, but on both Windows laptops only one or two of HUNDREDS of beautiful sculptured fonts get installed, YES, they get installed, BUT...
  5. Windows 10: zipping files with name/content in non-Latin characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: zipping files with name/content in non-Latin characters: In Windows 7, I can zip files with Hebrew names by using "send to compressed folder". In Windows 10 I receive an error message saying that the file has characters which cannot be used in compressed folders. I received it for files with names in Hebrew, but also for those with...
  6. FONTS WINDOWS 10 HOME

FONTS WINDOWS 10 HOME: How do I change the FONT on Windows 10 Home? If the only thing I can do is change the size that's fine. By making everything larger, right? Can I at least change the type?...
  7. Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard

Windows 10 Latin American Keyboard: Hello, I´ve just recently decided to change to the Latin american keyboard layout on my computer with an English layout. I downloaded the pack that let me do so, and for the most part, I´ve been able to change the keys to something that makes sense with the new layout....
  8. Extract the files with non-latin name

Extract the files with non-latin name: Hello, I am using a software to extract the files (it's not like winrar or zip, so I can't replace this software for another software). However, it can only save files with names of Latin characters, files with non-latin names that are displayed incorrectly. The messages...
  9. Can't delete fonts in window 10

Can't delete fonts in window 10: how can i delete ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-fonts-in-window-10/f6adc0cc-36ef-49f6-ae4b-b0c240c102c9
  10. Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10: How to: Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10 How to Delete and Uninstall Fonts in Windows 10 A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. In Windows 10, you can install a font for only...