Windows 10: Deleting notebooks

Discus and support Deleting notebooks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I delete a notebook I no longer need?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maggie007Tapa, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Deleting notebooks

How do I delete a notebook I no longer need?

:)

Maggie007Tapa, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Can't update the HP Pavilion Notebook.

I'm trying to update my system and am getting a message to delete HP Pavilion Notebook - BIOS manually as it is incompatible with the upgrade.

I can't find it to delete it. It's not in the Programs list with the other HP apps.

Any suggestions?

Modified title from: RK

RobertKaroń, Feb 18, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Deleting notebooks

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Deleting notebooks

1. Deleting notebooks - Similar Threads - Deleting notebooks

2. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  3. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  4. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Delete Old Notebooks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Old Notebooks: If I open OneNote for Windows on my Desktop and select "More Notebooks", I see a list of old Notebooks that have not been accessed for in some cases years. If I try and open them I get an error saying that the notes could not be opened. Since I cant open them, I can't delete...
  6. Delete Old Notebooks

Delete Old Notebooks: If I open OneNote for Windows on my Desktop and select "More Notebooks", I see a list of old Notebooks that have not been accessed for in some cases years. If I try and open them I get an error saying that the notes could not be opened. Since I cant open them, I can't delete...
  7. Factory Reset 1 keeping my files and 2 delete all files not working on notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset 1 keeping my files and 2 delete all files not working on notebook: Hello,My notebook came with Windows 10 and Office Home and Student pre-installed.I was able to share my notebook screen to a projector. Then, I did auto updates. Windows 21H1did not update. 2021-11 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 21H1 for x64-based systems KB5007186....
  8. Factory Reset 1 keeping my files and 2 delete all files not working on notebook

Factory Reset 1 keeping my files and 2 delete all files not working on notebook: Hello,My notebook came with Windows 10 and Office Home and Student pre-installed.I was able to share my notebook screen to a projector. Then, I did auto updates. Windows 21H1did not update. 2021-11 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 21H1 for x64-based systems KB5007186....
  9. Factory Reset 1 keeping my files and 2 delete all files not working on notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Delete from your win update data gpu driver for radeon rx560x vega 8 notebook asus fx505 DY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete from your win update data gpu driver for radeon rx560x vega 8 notebook asus fx505 DY: I got newer better drivers from amd site and when i check to updates from win update your manager will install older driver also without chechout and crash radeon software program !!!IThis driver will automatically install when notebook is couple hours standby and when i...