Windows 10: Deleting OEM add-ons?

Discus and support Deleting OEM add-ons? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I frequently see this in PerfMon reliability history after an otherwise successful installation of some MS updates: HP CommRecovery -- Stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grandpa Jim, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Deleting OEM add-ons?

I frequently see this in PerfMon reliability history after an otherwise successful installation of some MS updates:

HP CommRecovery -- Stopped working

I am wondering if I could uninstall this crashing app and maybe others that came preloaded with my desktop computer.

:)

Grandpa Jim, Jul 31, 2020

2. I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 31, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 31, 2020
  4. bestellen Win User

Deleting OEM add-ons?

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Deleting OEM add-ons?

1. Deleting OEM add-ons? - Similar Threads - Deleting OEM add

2. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  3. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  4. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MSFS2020 Add Ons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS2020 Add Ons: I have downloaded MSFS2020 Deluxe onto my pc using Microsoft store successfully no issues, now my problem is I have bought London city and M20r as add on and I can't download them they say its in credits, although Xbox wants the same money again for the same add on which is...
  7. Firefox And Add ons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Add ons: I must admit Firefox has improved dramatically in the centuries since I last used it. However, I have installed add on FVD Speed dial (better than Vivaldi or Opera) and after a false start uninstall and reinstall, got it sorted and would like to ask now if: There is any way...
  8. what are add ons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what are add ons?: what are add ons? How to work with add ons? خزرشهر https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-are-add-ons/175b9818-0e26-42a6-9f3d-16be762f1c92
  9. Add-ons For Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Add-ons For Edge Browser: Hi *Party from where I can download Add-ons For Edge Browser ? 19060
  10. Firefox Add-ons attacked

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Add-ons attacked: NoScript and other popular Firefox add-ons open millions to new attack | Ars Technica 46530