Windows 10: Deleting old email addresses

Discus and support Deleting old email addresses in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardKelley2, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Deleting old email addresses

How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one.

:)

RichardKelley2, Mar 6, 2020

2. Delete old email sign in address

Hi,

Difficulties verifying the old security details in your Microsoft account may result in errors canceling or removing the profile. For us to rectify the account removal concern, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Where exactly are you prompted to sign in with the old email address?
    • Have you tried resetting the password for the old account to recover it?
    • Were you able to log in successfully on your account online?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your account prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 6, 2020
  3. BonnieBI Win User
    Windows 10 Store Application -- old email address

Hi there,

I have already tried a lot of suggestions on this to no avail -- please help.

When I am trying to download a game from the store app a pop up asking me to verify my password for an old email address keeps coming up. This email address is not listed in my user account -- it was deleted three months ago. I have tried entering the
    password for the old email address but it won't accept it and another message comes up saying there is a problem at their end and to try again later.

BonnieBI, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Deleting old email addresses

Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Deleting old email addresses

1. Deleting old email addresses - Similar Threads - Deleting old email

2. How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail: When I start to type in the address bar in a new Mail email, various email addresses come up as suggestions, including email addresses that are no longer in use by the contact I'm writing to. I can't delete them from the contact's details because I've already changed the...
  3. old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  4. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  5. Recover old email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover old email address: Hello, I am trying to recover an old email address that I can't remember the password too. When I try to log in or look up the account it's say the domain is not available....
  6. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  7. How to delete old email addresses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete old email addresses?: I have a problem removing old email addresses. I use windows live mail and when I am creating a new email and type the first few letters, say for example ch to write to Chris I get Chiltern Railways who I have not used in 4 years. The only instructions I get is how to delete...
  8. how to delete an old email address

how to delete an old email address: how do i delete an old email profile. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-old-email-address/bd6373a2-92eb-45ce-b0dc-b486984ac122
  9. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: HOW DO I REMOVE AN OLD MS ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/69eb0a04-068a-4860-9b19-15a543b34e5d
  10. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081