Windows 10: Deleting Old MY Software Programs

Discus and support Deleting Old MY Software Programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have a problem. I have a laptop that had My Software publishing and design programs. I hadn't use them in a long time and I forgot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeamHGC, Jul 17, 2020.

1. TeamHGC Win User

Deleting Old MY Software Programs

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem. I have a laptop that had My Software publishing and design programs. I hadn't use them in a long time and I forgot they were still installed in my computer when it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

My computer was running slow, and the Microsoft tech support rep found a lot of programs running in the background. I did some investigation and believe they maybe My Software programs.

When I tried to uninstall everyone of them, I get a error message such as "C:\windows\sys\WOW64\MSVBVM60.DLL followed by Access is denied Ox5".

Any help is appreciated.

TeamHGC

:)

TeamHGC, Jul 17, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

How do I delete registry files?

Does it matter if I deleted programs at:
    Go to Hkey_Current User> Software intead of "Local Machine"?

Also, where can I check if programs listed there are legitimate? Isn't there a website to check the names of programs or applications?

DCnewbie, Jul 17, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Why don't the old versions of software get deleted when updating?

Most of the Microsoft ones are looked at as updates.
    The Java ones... you have to delete the versions you don't want.

There are ways to clean up the listing... manually or by some software.

EDIT: Some is poorly written software that does not clean up after itself, too.

95Viper, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Deleting Old MY Software Programs

Delete old software in ActiveSync 4.5

Hi there,

I'm using a HTC P4550 wih WM6 Professional, a computer running Microsoft XP Professional and Active Sync 4.5.

Because I wanted to get rid of all the software I installed over the last few months I did a hard reset of my device and after that started a new partnership with Active Sync on my PC.

Everything is fine, except when I look in Active Sync at Extras | Software I still see all of the old software I installed on the HTC. Using the option 'delete from desktop' does nothing, all the entries remain in the list.

How do I remove all the old stuff, so that I can install new applications on my device without being confused with the old versions which remain on the software list?

Thanks in advance!

Peter_Schtigl, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Deleting Old MY Software Programs

1. Deleting Old MY Software Programs - Similar Threads - Deleting Old Software

2. Deleting Old Software: ByteFence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Old Software: ByteFence: Hi all, I'm in the process of cleaning up stuff/programs on my HP Envy 17 laptop that I don't really use anymore. A few days ago, I did a Full Scan through Windows Defender referenced in my previous Hibernating vs. Locking question that took too long - it showed nearly 16...
  3. Deleting Old Software: ByteFence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Old Software: ByteFence: Hi all, I'm in the process of cleaning up stuff/programs on my HP Envy 17 laptop that I don't really use anymore. A few days ago, I did a Full Scan through Windows Defender referenced in my previous Hibernating vs. Locking question that took too long - it showed nearly 16...
  4. Deleting Old Software: ByteFence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download old software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download old software: How can I download autocad 2000 on window 10 home . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-old-software/a2cc05b2-617d-42d7-b0d6-f0a5d4edf9b1
  6. Download old software

Download old software: How can I download autocad 2000 on window 10 home . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-old-software/a2cc05b2-617d-42d7-b0d6-f0a5d4edf9b1
  7. Download old software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Program software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program software: My computer is not connected to the internet. How do I install the program software on it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-software/eb420e1f-fcc3-431b-bb71-febffaba127a
  9. Old Program

Old Program: I have a program that I installed on a previous version of Windows. It will not install on Windows 10 Home. If I upgrade to another version of Windows, will it install? Which version?...
  10. Old programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old programs: I have a USB modem from Verizon LG -VL600, it needs a VZ software driver to work with it, I have the software but I can't install it because according to Windows I can only install a program from windows store. what is the solution for this? Thank you....